Notices

Best route from Goa to London

Old Apr 20th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best route from Goa to London

I am planning to travel to Goa from London in late May. I am looking at Jet Airways. Here's the question. Returning to London the only way to fly with Jet (rather than air india or idina airways) is a 2 stop trip Goa to Mumbai, Mumbai to Delhi, Delhi to London. The journey time is the same as for a 1 stop journey, but is it wise? Also, if I take the 2230 flight Mumbai to Delhi arriving at 0025, will I have enough time to catch the 0205 Delhi to London flight?
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 03:32 PM

I am fairly sure there is a Jet Airways flight from Mumbai to London. I understand it is a good flight and gets into London at a very good hour (6 pm or so).
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 07:13 PM

Assuming that the flight from Mumbai is on time, I think you should be able to make the London flight. If the Mumbai flight is late, Jetairways may even hold the London flight for you.

However, you will have to change airports, as you will land at the domestic airport in Delhi and will have to go to the international airport. They are only a few miles apart. I don't believe that your bags will be transferred, I believe you will have to collect them at baggage claim and take them with you yourself. There is a free shuttle bus which runs between the two airports, but quite frankly, I would not use it if I were you. I would take a taxi between the two airports. The trip takes less than 15 minutes. The shuttle bus only runs once an hour, and you may end up waiting around for it. As you will still have to check your bags, then go through immigration and security at the international airport, all of which can take quite a long time, I would not waste time waiting for the shuttle bus at the domestic airport. Just take a taxi. There is a pre-paid taxi desk in the arrivals area where you can arrange and pay for the taxi and someone can take you out to the taxi area.

As you have kind of a tight connection, IMO it would be worth it to consider buying a business class ticket for the Goa-Delhi portion of the flight. Jetairways may be more accomdating to you in helping you get between airports if the Mumbai flight is late in arriving, they could even get you in a taxi or a Jetairways car quickly if necessary. The price difference is usually not that great. You also get off the plane first which will save you some time.
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 08:52 AM

why not fly Jet to Mumbai and then BA to London ( non stop)?
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 08:53 AM

By the way Emma- are you from HT?