Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

best place to stay prior to 6Am departure from Bangkok

Feb 28th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Original Poster

Any suggestions for where to stay the night before departing BKK at 6AM (need to be at airport by 4AM I assume)? I looked at the Amari Airport Hotel-prices are high and the reviews weren't great. The Asia Airport is better priced. I know traffic downtown isn't bad at that time, but also know its going to be a struggle getting my kids up and to the airport in the middle of the night.
Feb 28th, 2005, 07:08 PM

If you are staying in Bangkok, I'd just stay put. The time differnce between an in town hotel and one near the airport isn't much at that hour of the morning.

I have used teh Rama Gardens when I need to be close to the airport. It's pleasant, and the Executive Wing rooms are very nice. They are large and have huge bathrooms. There is a pool on the grounds. They have a shuttle to the airport.

I really dislike the Amari. In addition to being overpriced, I find it a bit dirty and shabby.
Feb 28th, 2005, 08:34 PM

we take the 6AM northwest flight...we used to stay out near the airport but we no longer do...we stay in bkk and figure it is much easier all around...you are used to the bed and don't have to move anything....we leave the marriott at about 3:30 and it is perfect...no later...at that time you don't have to go the toll road...it takes about 35 minutes more or less....we have a 3 wake up and a 3:10 breakfast delivery and 3:20 bellman....all works well...pay your bill the nite before...
Mar 1st, 2005, 06:04 AM

Stay where you are. The drive to the airport is no more than 30 minutes at that time. The airport hotels are awful.
Mar 1st, 2005, 06:52 AM

I stayed at Chateau de Bangkok by Sofitel...an Accor Hotel. It was great for the total price(with taxes) of 1800Baht...for a Jr. Suite with kitchenette.(Aug 2004).Plus it took less than 30 minutes to get to the airport.It's 200 meters from the Ploenchit skytrain station. Happy Travels!