Search

Best Family Trip with newborn to South East Asia ,Papua new guinea

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Family Trip with newborn to South East Asia ,Papua new guinea

Hello

Thank you all in advance ! Me and my husband we live in Japan ,Niigata .But we are from Mongolia . And we have a 9 month old baby boy
We would like to go somewhere in August to South East Asia or anywhere kkk . Malaysia (Rawa Island) or Indonesia (Bali)? Thailand ? Papua new guinea ?have not decided yet. Ive been to many commercial famous SEAsian beaches like phuket, langkawe, nga trang ... etc most of them seemed really commercial and full of young people who party alot and stuff ( i didnt mind i partyed myself cz we didnt have the baby ,yet ) except Perhentian island in Malaysia Koto Bahru state (great place by d way ) but still we want to go to New place new food and stuff .
We need advice on good clean luxery resort (bz of the baby) ,family beach (not so commercial place) ! So please share you experience with our family we want to plan our vaca !!!

Thanks all

help ! Thank you !
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 09:44 AM

Well, cross Papua New Guinea off you list as a place to travel with a baby.

Lots of the places you mention would be very nice, but tell us what time of year you plan to travel. SInce you want to go to a beach, you probably don't want to be there during the monsoons.

At most places, you can choose to stay somewhere that lots of young people are partying or at a quieter, more luxe place. Bali for instance, has it's partying areas, like Kuta and quieter areas. Likewise Thailand. So it will be important to choose where you stay based on your changed interests for you vacation.
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Original Poster

@Kathie
Hi thank you for your reply .
We are planning this August .
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 05:56 AM

August is a beautiful time of year in Bali. Most people like to divide their time in Bali between a beach location and inland near Ubud. Sanur is a nice location for your beach time. Read some of the posts here abut Bali for more information.

If you want to go to Thailand at that time of the year, opt for Koh Samui or Hua Hin.

I like this weather site: www.weatherbase.com for looking at weather patterns in various places.

Another option to consider is the Philippines.
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Original Poster

Kathie thank you very much!
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 07:03 PM

It is easy to write off PNG but in fact some nice beaches there. I doubt luxury hotels. Port Moresby not so safe but if you'll be only at the airport for onward flight to Madang,eg, then acceptable. Time consuming and expensive to get to nice places in PNG, only air travel possible. Cannot recommend road travel, except close to towns, as too many highway robbers, and worse, lurking. Hospitals etc too maybe rather primitive. I think it's a pity PNG has fallen to low levels. All of tropics hot and sweaty all the time, at least, along the coastlines. Yea, ok, i would not take my baby to PNG either.