We're the editors of the upcoming Tokyo and Japan guides. We've noticed that lots of people are asking about budget-friendly ways to travel around Japan on these forums, and we'd like to capitalize on the superb advice and provide similar guidance in our guides. The title of the section would be, "Budget Tips for Traveling in Japan." Some of you might have seen the posts about tips to beat the Euro for our European guides, and basically we're looking for the same in Japan. So, is it cheaper to rent an apartment instead of shelling out for a hotel? What do you think about splurging at recommended restaurants for lunch instead of dinner? Any advice on cheap ways to travel to far flung destinations like the outer islands of Okinawa? Is a Japan Rail Pass really a cheap way to travel? Are street stalls a great option for a quick, tasty, and cheap meal? Are set meals really a bargain? How about sight-seeing? Are there better times to go for better admission prices? Is the GRUTT Pass really a good deal in Tokyo?
As with the Beating the Euro tips, if your tip is used in the Japan or Tokyo guide you are eligible for a complimentary guide of choice (Fodor's of course).
We look forward to hearing from you.
Happy Traveling and thanks in advance!!!
Alexis and Stephanie
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AOL ☎Email Password Reset Contact ☎1:800:570:1233 AOL Tec*h care By Yes☎!
- 2 Sky Bar VS Baiyoke Tower view
- 3 Bangkok
- 4 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 5 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 6 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 7 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 8 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 9 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 10 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 11 Bago or Golden rock
- 12 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 13 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 14 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 15 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 16 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 17 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 18 Sulawesi
- 19 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 20 8 Days in Bali
- 21 two health related questions
- 22 Princess Cruise
- 23 Best day trip from Phuket
- 24 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
- 25 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?