Best Biz Class JFK-BKK

Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Biz Class JFK-BKK

So seems I may not be able to use a buddy pass on a codeshare flight so looking at my other options. Thinking of using AMEX points for miles for Biz Class JFK-BKK. Just can't imagine doing coach for 17 hours due to my hatred of planes and flying. Any input on who is the best? Thanks.
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 08:00 AM

The only airline that flies directly is Thai and their business class is very good with VOD and lie flat (170 degree) seats. Food is decent. Cabin is kept a bit warm in my opinion.
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:11 PM

You have Thai non stop as Craig says, other options:

Depends which airlines you can use those points on, you can look at Emirates via Dubai which already operate ( they have 3 flights a day to Dubai but one stops in Hamburg, the other 2 are non stop to Dubai and you connect there to BKK ) or Etihad via Abu Dhabi but that only starts in October.

Then you have those that go westbound, NW, UA, JL, Korean etc or you have those via Europe, so it comes down to which airlines you can use Amex points for.

Eva Air from Newark via Taipei have their Evergreen deluxe 'Premium Coach/Economy', coach/economy service but wider seats, more legroom ( about 38 ins ), might be worth a look.

http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/

Watch for those via Europe that have evening departures ex Europe as that would usually mean spending a day in Europe(!) but some have morning departures ex Europe which makes connecting easier, however Emirates takes you non stop to Dubai and then it's about 5.45/6 hrs onwards from there so not bad.

www.emirates.com

Etihad Business Class:
http://www.etihadairways.com/etihada...ones/Pearl.htm

Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:41 PM

FYI - we recently used Amex points for miles to get a free business class ticket on Thai Airways. We had to open a Frequent Flier acct at ANA Nippon, which is a partner with Thai, transfer the points to miles within the ANA account, and then use the miles to get the ticket. Taxes/fees were about $300. Following ticketing, we had to call Thai directly to get seating on the flight.

Kind of a round-about way to use the amex points, but I found this was the only way (and required the least amount of points).
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:46 PM

Don't forget Singapore Air non-stop Newark-Singapore. Rated top biz class/airline in the world.