Notices

Best beach to stay at in Phuket?

Old May 30th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best beach to stay at in Phuket?

I will be traveling with a friend to phuket mid june and am looking for opinions on which beach to stay? We will be staying for 6 night - we want to party, lay on the beach, have nice food/booze (mixture of cheap/fine dining), access to boat trips to the islands - james bond/the beach etc.

We were going to stay in patong but after researching it more it seems that the beach isn't as nice as kata/karon/surin? If we don't stay in patong we would like the ability to go there to party for a few nights.

Thank you for the suggestions.
Old May 31st, 2013, 02:47 AM

Hi. I stayed at Le Meridien at Karon. I agree. The beach at Patong was not very nice. There were not many swimming. Le Meridien was ok.. I would of liked the standard a bit higher but I guess I'd stay there again because of the beach. They had a cute baby Elephant called Valentine visit the resort daily. Part of me disliked that as this Elephant wandered around the hotel but the other half of me was like a kid and was so excited when I saw him. Everyone flocked to him and he did little tricks. He even swayed to the music during aqua aerobics! lol

The main strip in Phuket was only 10 mins away. The resort has cars that are beautifully maintained. Then you can get a tuk tuk back.

http://www.lemeridienphuketbeachresort.com/
Old May 31st, 2013, 02:48 AM

The beach at Karon had a nice wide stretch of pale yellow sand and blue water. Sometimes the surf was huge but most days it was fun.
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 05:15 AM

If your main focus is partying, then its best to stay in Patong, that way you can walk back to your hotel at night. The beach is not great in Patong-- Karon is probably the most beautiful, and Kata is in the middle. However, it's easier to tuk tuk over to Karon beach for the afternoon than to go to Patong each night.

However, if you just want to party in Patong one night, then pick Karon or Kata.
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 08:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info MissGreen and krgystn.

We are planning on going to koh phangan for the full moon party and were planning on flying from phuket to koh samui and ferry from koh samui to koh phangan. The plan is fly saturday and fly back to phuket tuesday and fly home wednesday. Does that make sense to do? We fly into phuket the previous tuesday and will stay in karon/kata tues-sat.
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 04:09 AM

The best place to go in my opinion is either Surin or Bang Tao. Has all of what you asked for apart from the boat trips out. That is only generally done in Chalong from Chalong Pier.

Surin has a range of places to party and dine, also varying in prices. Catch and Diamond are great beach clubs and are pretty much always good places to party the night away.

Bang Tao Beach has more restaurants than anything else but also includes a beach club called Xana which is a great beach club. Attracts big dj names very often and is located right on the beach front, on the Laguna side of Bang Tao beach.
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info simond01. We decided to stay in karon tues-fri, fly to koh samui fri - ferry to koh phangan and stay there fri-tues, get from koh phangan to koh samui tueday / fly back to phuket tuesday staying in surin and fly back home wednesday morning.

Our flight from koh samui to phuket on tuesday leaves at 8am but the first ferry doesn't leave koh phangan until 7 or 730. Does anyone have any idea how we can get from koh phangan to koh samui any time before the first ferry leaves? The full moon party is on sunday.
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 08:59 PM

I suggest you stay at Kata or Karon beach, the beach is nicer than Patong. You can walk along, lay on and have a party on the beach as well.
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 02:49 AM

All well said in previous comments but in my opinion parties are not that good in Patong. Sure there are more pubs and places to party in Patong but I must say I enjoyed much more parties in Chalong. It is bit more quieter but people are more relaxed and not everybody is after your money. I would say more quality fun.
But still you have to party at least one day at Patong.
If you get cheap hotel (good artcle about finding quality cheap hotel http://phukethoteldeals.net/cheap-hotels-in-phuket/ )
and rent a bike you can go anywhere. Most places are not that far away.