Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Best Bangkok Massage? (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/best-bangkok-massage-468671/)

Gpanda Aug 20th, 2004 01:22 PM

Best Bangkok Massage?

I'm looking for opinions on the best BKK massage. Going back in November and would like to try the best available. In the past, I've gotten a massage almost every day I was in BKK. All were pleasing, some better than others. I'm not interested in erotic massage or spa treatments, just a Traditional Massage. I've had very good luck with Wat Pho personnel coming to my hotel and the Mandara Spa, but am very open to suggestions. Thanks.

hobbes Aug 20th, 2004 02:55 PM

Best is VERY subjective IMO. Can suggest 2 which we found very reasonable so frequented regularly while we lived in Bkk - one is in the same building as Central department store so u can combine it with a bit of shopping. IN Central Chitlom Building - the elevators are next to the TOPS exit on Soi Somkid, 4th floor. My favourite masseuse was #5. The other is a small spa in Silom opp BNH Hospital called Ruen Nuad - great ambience, only Thai massage, very small - 4 rooms.

travelmug Aug 20th, 2004 03:37 PM

hobbes, can you please tell me the approx price for the massage?

dperry Aug 20th, 2004 05:11 PM

Any recommended massage places in the Sukumvit area?

rhkkmk Aug 20th, 2004 05:15 PM

gpanda will be hanging out in these places and ros behind...

k Aug 20th, 2004 07:01 PM

just returned from Bkk, last week. A Thai friend recommended the Asia House, just off the sky train station. It is near the "Asia Hotel" (can't remember the stop) My Husband and I had a private room for 2 and each had a 2 hr traditional thai massage for 25 bucks total with a generous tip. I've had many massages over the years all over Thailand and asia. This was one of the best. Walk from the sky train toward the hotel. turn right down a side street and it is right there. Just steps from the hotel. I am not sure what nationality the hotel caters to. My friend used to live near there.

piri Aug 20th, 2004 08:08 PM

Hi Gpanda,
Have heard from an expat. living in BKK that Marble House, 37/18-19 Soi Surawong Plaza, Surawong Road, is TOPS !
They have a number of blind masseuse who are supposed to be very good.
Telephone nos. 235-2148, 235-2149,235-3519.

hobbes Aug 21st, 2004 03:00 AM

Travelmug, both these places charge 300 baht for a traditional Thai massage for an hour and 400 for 1.5 hours. At the Central Chitlom one u can try to negotiate and they may agree to 10% off. Aromatherapy are more expensive but well worth it - 750 baht for 1.5 hours. They use good oils and cannot tell u how the woman who used to do my massage used to take the kinks out of my system.

Gpanda Aug 22nd, 2004 02:10 PM

Thanks for the help. I'll wander out and give at least one of these a try in November and report back.