my friend and i have a 14 hour layover in beijing (5:30 am to 7:45 pm) in about 2 weeks. we want to see both the great wall (we have heard mutianyu is the best spot) and the forbidden city. a private driver has offered to pick us up from the airport and drive us to both locations, tour us around the forbidden city, and bring us back to the airport all for 1300 RMB (about 200 US dollars). i have been reading a little about public transport and am trying to figure out if this makes sense. our options are
1. 1300 for the private car as above
2. hire a cab for to pick us up from the airport and drive us to the great wall, keep the meter running while we hike, then drive us to the forbidden city. then we can just get another cab when we are ready to head back to the airport.
3. use public transport (subways and buses) for everything.
anybody know how much these other 2 options would cost? would the second 2 options be a much bigger head ache? any advice would be VERY much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AVAST @ 1800~681~7208 installations & सक्रियण contact AVAST 24 care d/k
- 2 First time to Vietnam. Itinerary help please
- 3 Tips for One Week in Japan with Baby
- 4 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 5 Hiking in Sapa
- 6 4 nights in Himalayas - Bhutan,Nepal, India?
- 7 Please Help First-Timers to India!
- 8 Japan escorted
- 9 two health related questions
- 10 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 11 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 12 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 13 Princess Cruise
- 14 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 15 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 16 Mongolia - Blue Silk Travel
- 17 Nha Trang,Vn taxi
- 18 Bago or Golden rock
- 19 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 20 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 21 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 22 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 23 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 24 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 25 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo