Tokyo Hotel Recommendation, please!

Old Sep 17th, 1998, 01:31 PM
Paul Moraga

Tokyo Hotel Recommendation, please!

I am looking for specific recommendations for a reasonably priced (less than 115,000 yen/night)hotel or ryokan in Tokyo. There will be two of us and we'd like a private bathroom. We'll be there between Dec 25th and early Jan. I've already got the Lonely Planet and Fodor's guides but I don't know how to choose from their listings. <BR> <BR>If you've had either a nice or not-so-nice experience with a particular place of stay in Tokyo, I love to hear about it. <BR> <BR>Feel free to respond directly ([email protected]). <BR> <BR>Thanks! <BR> <BR>Paul Moraga <BR>SF CA USA <BR>[email protected]

Old Sep 21st, 1998, 01:42 PM
michael

Paul, <BR>Do you really mean 115,000 yen? For that amount you could stay at any hotel in Tokyo.

Old Sep 23rd, 1998, 10:20 AM
Paul Moraga

Thanks for pointing out my mistake, Michael! I could get into a lot of trouble in Tokyo if I'm not more careful with my math! <BR> <BR>I meant to say that I am looking for a place for under 11,500 yen/night. Any suggestions would be appreciated! <BR> <BR>Paul Moraga <BR>SF CA USA <BR>[email protected]

Old Oct 21st, 1998, 02:33 PM
sharon

Paul <BR>Since you are in SF, you can call Aki <BR>Travel at 415-567-1115 and ask for Joanne. They have set me up with an inexpensive hotel in the past, and are very nice people.

Old Oct 21st, 1998, 02:35 PM
sharon

Paul - sorry, I had a typo in my note <BR>to you - they are are 415-567-1114