Bed Supper Club in Bangkok

Jan 6th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Bed Supper Club in Bangkok

I absolutely would recommend this restaurant. Yes, it's a bit of a gimmick but it all works and the food is superb.

The reservation process is a bit overdone. Several emails to confirm with lots of instructions on dress code and on bringing your passport. Must admit that one look at the two of us and the passport requirement was completely ignored.

The "beds" are very comfortable for sitting and eating on your lap was made easier by the way they cut the meat and fish. We got to talking with the people on both sides of us (Brits and Germans who now live in Bangkok).

Food is a set menu during the week with 3-4 choices in each category. The food was among the best I ate in Thailand. The price was about $27 excluding drinks.

They had some performance art/audience participation which was fun and you could get a shoulder and neck and head massage for about $2.50. We got there at 8PM and left at around 11:30. When we got there the bar area was empty but it was jammed when we left.

We would both definitely go back again.
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:01 PM

Was the robot girl there the night you were? Wasn't she (or he??) great?
Jan 6th, 2005, 07:47 PM

bed supper club is an experience with nothing in Asia quite like it. The building looks like a space ship landed in an open patch amongst the row of houses. This is why Bangkok is up there way ahead of KL.
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:08 AM

I LOVE going to Bed and have always posted favourably about it - glad your experience was good Gloria! Time Magazine Asia has written abou the "Bed Concept"!
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

lcuy-- no, the robot girl wasn't there. We had a geisha who sat stone still while people cut off bits of her kimono. Actually the way people did it was pretty revealing (about them, not her).
Jan 7th, 2005, 06:25 AM

You are right about the reservation process! We made all the reservations, tehn on the day of our dinner when you have to call them before 4pm no one would answer! We were so excited to see it, maybe next time
Jan 7th, 2005, 10:37 AM

Thanks for your review. Might try BED when we are in bkk in March. (there is also one in Miami, but I have never been, wonder if they are associated.)

On a side note, I was just doing some websurfing about the Shinta Mani hotel in Siam Reap, and found a link to a group that does "socially responsible investing", and is the source of funding behind both BED and Shinta Mani. Who would have thought you can drink at a nightclub and be supporting good causes ?!?
www.quantusgroup.com/quantus_home.shtml