Beach resort choices in Vietnam

Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:06 AM
Original Poster

Beach resort choices in Vietnam

Hello,
I would like to spend three days at a beach resort in Vietnam. Which resorts or islands are most built-up? Actually, I am looking for a resort that has shops, outdoor cafes, restaurants, in addition to the diving, swimming, massages, among other resort activities. I am NOT looking for someplace remote, quiet and secluded. I imagine there is no resort in Vietnam that is annoyingly crowded, so I feel safe asking for a commercialized location. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:51 PM

Hoi An is a UNESCO world heritage site and along with the beach, has lots of excellent restaurants and charming streets to wander. Some temples and other historic sites. You can get massages at the resorts or in town. Lots of cheap tailor shops but I would not recommend them. Very poor quality. Not sure about the diving opportunities from there, but there is plenty to do besides the beach. Fly to Danang and pick up a taxi at the airport for the 75 min drive down. If memory serves correctly, I think it's about $20-25US.
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:51 AM

Wanna be right in the middle of the action, go to Vung Tau, the Pattaya of Vietnam. But the beach there is lousy.
Hoi An has plenty of new resorts at the beach and the old town is very interesting.
I would prefer Nha Trang. Quite big city with miles of good beach just in town. Easy to reach by plane from Saigon or Danang.
Phu Quoc has the best beaches, but not much action there.
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:37 PM

Avoid Vung Tao. Not worth it, plus recent oil spills have caused problems with some of the beaches. Hoi An is a good choice as is Mui Ne. Main issue with Mui Ne is the travel time. It takes 4 hours from HCMC via car or train.
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:31 AM

Mui Ne beach is great for you to stay. Its beach is beautiful. Its sand is nice too. The resorts in Muine aren't noisy, so you can rest here very well. You can stay at Phu Hai resort, Victoria Resort or Coco beach resort.
Have a nice trip!
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:49 AM

I would strongly recommend Hoi An -- the beaches are much more striking than anywhere else in Vietnam and it isn't overriden with tourists. The town itself is a sleepy little beach town with adorable and delicious restaurants. I stayed at the Victoria Hoi An resort -- it was absolutely lovely and reasonable in price. Hope this helps!
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:59 AM

hi
Good beaches for your favourite are Nha Trang, Mui Ne and Phu Quoc island
May 11th, 2007, 12:50 AM

Nha Trang and Vung Tau beach is so great! The water is clean and blue. I bet you will love the wave there as well, it's strong. I spent my short holiday in Vung Tau and had fantastic days. Enjoy your days in Vietnam!
May 20th, 2007, 01:09 PM

In Denang, the Furama hotel is wonderful. Three years ago, we paid about $225 for a huge room on the beach. Dried and fresh fruit and flowers were delivered to our room each night. It was simply beautiful.
May 20th, 2007, 05:50 PM

I enjoyed Hoi An very much. It has hstoric as well as archaelogical interest (Cham ruins at My Son) and nice beaches.

http://www.travelsinasia.com/Vietnam/HoiAn.htm