Bangkok Restaurant Review

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once again I am planning a short trip to Bangkok soon.Would lke to know if anyone has any comments on the following restaurants
1) D'Sens at the Dusit thani Hotel. New restaurant by 2 Michelin Star french chefs Pourcel Brothers. Is the food worth the hype and the price?
2) Celadon at Sukothai - recently renovated- how is the new menu and price?
3) Sirocco at State Tower- a few reviews really gave this place a bad rating. Apparently lousy service - is this true?

Will appreciate any other food recommendations. Thanks for reading!
Old May 5th, 2005, 05:58 AM

Amazaed if there are any bad reviews of Sirocco - we went there for the last night of our honeymoon in Thailand there in December last year (you can read my full trip report on this forum). Yes it is pricey, but the setting is spectaular and we had a wonderful meal with great service. Interested to hear more from anyone else who has been.
Old May 5th, 2005, 05:59 AM

And I can't type or spell today if my post just now is anything to go by...trying to do ten things at once!!!
Old May 5th, 2005, 06:31 AM

I've eaten lunch at Celadon and it's very good...not the best Thai food I have had, but I would eat there again. Happy Travels!
Old May 5th, 2005, 06:51 AM

I would say Sirocco is way over priced. The view is terrific but you can get that for less by having a drink at the bar.Would not go back for the food.

I've only been to the old Celadon which I found good but not outstanding.
Old May 5th, 2005, 06:38 PM

i'm with gloria...
Old May 5th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I am looking to try D'sens, the 5 course dinner is priced at BHT 2900++ or USD 74 only - A steal for a 2 michelin star related restaurant.
Article here:
http://www.wallpaper.com/travel/330

I have tried Biscotti at 4 seasons - was OK, but not the best italian meal I had. Also tried Cy'an at Metropolitan- this was one of the best tasting menus and I will definitely go again this time.

Will probably give Sirocco a miss. I tried the Bar on top of Banyan Tree which was also 66 floors and open air. It was great and a drink at USD 12 was a steal.
I love BKK !!
Old May 5th, 2005, 08:42 PM

if ya like overpaying for food and drinks maybe you shoud check out tokyo and hong kong.. in some places they charge about $100 per drink ..

Old May 5th, 2005, 08:47 PM

went to the sky bar, however, was seated in the dinning area of sirocco. the wind was so strong, that it blew out the candle 5 times in half an hour. i suspect your food would be cold within 15 minutes. this alone would deter me from dining there, the music and view were outstanding. i would go back for that.

want to try something different, go to the japanese steakhouse in patpong. its one of the icons of the area.