Bangkok photos finally posted!

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 12:55 AM
Kristina

Bangkok photos finally posted!

I finally got it together and posted my pictures from Bangkok online-2 new pages if anyone is interested.
Go to http://www.wired2theworld.com and click on the Bangkok photo links.
Let me know what you think.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 08:07 AM
Ursula

Kristina: Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing with us. Whenever I see the feet of the Reclining Buddha, I am again amazed. Your picture is soo good. Love it. Love them all!

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 12:00 PM
Kristina

Ursula-

Thank you! I'm so glad someone is enjoying them!

Kristina

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 02:50 AM
Dee

Hi Kristina,

I printed off ALL your travel reports in Asia/Oz last week & spent 3 hours reading them over the weeknend & they're brilliant.

Thanks a million for posting & sharing your thougths & experiences. I'm going this summer for the first time so I'm getting excited.

Did you ever feel a bit anxious before leaving? I felt a kind of a nervous feeling after reading the reports - I surprised myself but I hope its fairly normal...

I'll take a look at those photos now!
Thanks
Dee

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:47 AM
Brenda

Dear Kristina, They're wonderful, well worth waiting for! Love the kitten.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:16 AM
Kristina

Dee-
Yes, I'm always nervous before I travel, especially when we left home for 9 months! Shorter trips are different. Just keep an open mind balanced with a healthy dose of self preservation and you'll be fine.

Brenda- Thanks! Kitties all over the world seem to find me (or I find them!)

Just got my tickets to go back to Thailand and Cambodia this summer and I can't wait!!

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 05:58 AM
Dee

Kristina - thanks for that. We're actually heading away for about a year & a half & we're flying into Bangkok in June, & spending 3 months travelling around Thailand, Laos, Cambodia & Vietnam. So I might see you en route!

I'll recognise you from your photos!!
Are there any "off the beaten track" places that you would strongly recommend? (sorry now!) I've heard Pai in the North of Thailand is amazing

Dee

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Kristina

Dee-

Lucky you! Wish I could do another RTW.

Off the beathen path...most of Thailand is pretty well trodden, including Pai from what I hear, haven't been there. We did go into Eastern Thailand-Khorat-to see some temples there and saw virtually no other "farang". If you're going to Angkor, then it might not be worth the time.
Also, Ko Chang (on the other side of Ko Samet near the Cambodian border)supposedly doesn't get as many tourists as the other islands. We're going to try and go there this time.
If you have any questions about other locations, send me an email. For example, I have a recommendation for a great guide in Nepal if you need one.
Have fun!

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Dee

You're a legend, thank you. I would have loved, above all places, to go to Nepal but too many people have been saying that the civil war there has made it a bit too dangerous to go...

... then again people think there is a war in Ireland & while there is, I live in the republic & have never seen an ounce of violence in all my life. I'll see what happens anyway!

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Kristina

Dee-
Don't really know about Nepal right now. I think I might still go; my friend (the guide) says it's safe, but who knows? I haven't heard of anything happening to tourists there.
I know we missed a lot of places because they were "unstable" at the time (Egypt, Israel) and I think they would have been fine if we'd gone. Not so sure about now.
Do you know where in SEA you'll be in the middle of July? Our paths could cross...

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 07:08 AM
Dee

Hi Kristina,

Well we're arriving in Thailand at the start of June, & spending about 3/4 weeks there (at least) so I'd imagine we might be in Laos around mid July.

The e-mail address I will be using is [email protected] (Dee is my nickname, stemed from Sirname) so send me an e-mail around then & we can see!
I'll send you one too. That would be great!

Take care,
Dee