Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Bangkok: Peninsula Hotel Checking in Early Morning?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 07:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a silly question but I really do want to know the answer so please be kind.

We are most likely going to arrive at a hotel around 2:30 in the morning or so.

Will the Peninsula charge us for the night of the morning we arrive?

I have never arrived at a hotel at such an odd hour so I don't know if they would consider this an "early" check in or charge us for the night.

Thanks!
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:10 PM

The only way to know for sure is to contact the hotel and ask. Most likely they will charge you for the night, they may charge you half a day if you can talk them into it. It will depend on availability that day. It is certainly worth asking. If they insist on charging a full night, you might ask for something like a free airport transfer or breakfast if it isn't already included.
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:11 PM

dreamer---of course they will...sorry...

you room will be ready for you from about 3PM so its your fault for arriving so late---that would be their feeling...

honestly....you will be so glad to have that wonderful thick mattress under your body that you will gladly pay them an additional days rent just to have it....their rooms are so lovely and you will really be pampered by having it....its one of the bad things we all encounter on our arrivals in thailand...i usually arrive about 1:30AM so i am in the same boat with you...

forget it and don't let it ruin your vacation...
Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 04:24 AM

FYI- if you fly EVA Air- as we did- you will arrive at the hotel at the proper time in the early afternoon and this will not be a problem.
Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 04:50 AM

The last several trips I've gotten into Bangkok in the afternoon and I LOVE it!Malaysian, Thai, Singapore,and Cathay all avoid those late night arrivals. It's yet another reason to avoid U.S. carriers.
Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 05:08 AM

To answer your question -- they will charge you for the night. Reason -- they could not book the room to anyone else. You can try to get them to waive it but unless they are very empty and you are spending a lot of nights there and did not book the biggest discount rate I doubt they'll do it.