Reload this Page >

Bangkok Night Market

Search

Bangkok Night Market

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:10 PM
David

Bangkok Night Market

Is the Night Market in Bangkok dangerous or safe? We were told we should see it. We heard it was fun but don't know what to expect. Information would be appreciated.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:37 PM
bob

nothing is UNSAFE in bkk...i don't know where you would have gotten the idea that there is danger there....we have visited 5 times in 6 years and roam freely with NO problems what so ever---never have felt the slightest danger....pick-pocket mania maybe in closed areas...but you get that in la or nyc too...night or day very safe...there are however "touts"...men and sometimes ladies who will approach tourist looking people and offer sincere help, when in fact all they want to do is guide you to a friends shop where they can get a commission if you buy...they are harmless and you soon learn to ignor, and even walk away from them..."not interested"

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:39 PM
bob

i forgot to say that the night market is somewhat new and is near the american embassey and is very safe...it is really a former parade groud that has been converted for tourist accessibility

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Kris

When I did a search for night markets it came up with two-Patpong which is right in the middle of the red light district and Suan-Lum which is by Lumpini Park (and close to one of the boxing arenas). We visited both on a recent trip and felt perfectly safe. We even walked from the Skytrain over to the one by Lumpini which is a bit of a hike and never felt uncomfortable.<BR><BR>You will be approached by people trying to get you into the sex shows near Patpong but they certainly aren't dangerous.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 06:53 AM
orgy7

the only anoying people are the katoeys (boy-girls). and some of the freelance call girls. they tend too be very agressive towards men.. but that may not be an issue if your going with someone else.. <BR><BR>bangkok is a not dangerouse but can sometimes be anoying , with the tuk tuk drivers. touts, and sex industry folk..