Bangkok: Night Clubs and Discos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2009, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always looking for interesting places to have a drink, listen to music, maybe dance a bit and do some people watching. I've only been to CM2 and the QBar. Anybody want to comment on the ones below or recommend other places?

Not looking to pick up anybody, but don't mind a little eye candy from some pros or semi-pros. Also don't want to pay crazy prices for watered down drinks. A live band is aplus for me.

Angels
BedSupper Club
Glow
Fuse
Mystique
Spice
Spasso
Club Sugar
Titanium club
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 05:55 PM

>>>Not looking to pick up anybody, but don't mind a little eye candy from some pros or semi-pros.<<<

... well, that fine idea could rapidly turn into a little joyous slippery slope, so hope you will be packing a few of those 'Ultra Thins' and depending upon your age, 'd', perhaps a little 'vitamin v' ...

... now, being a properly married man these days, I'm a bit 'out of time' (thank you, Stones) when it comes to Bangkok evening entertainment (although, we seem to do 'okay' every now and then in our little Thai and Singaporean homes), but must confess, one of your listings brought back tender memories: Spasso ...

... back in my Bangkok 'bachelor business travel' era, I once made the acquaintance of an exceptionally beautiful and always well-dressed woman (almost, yes, a 'Singapore Girl'), who loved going to Spasso with a girl friend or two. (She used to occasionally work as an 'outcall' masseuse; that's how we met.) And, well, wouldn't you know, some evenings we would walk from Spasso back to my then favourite BKK business travel hotel, The Regent. (Known today as the Four Seasons.)

... Wherever you 'end up', savour your tender Thai times - in the City of Angels ...

macintosh (robert)

... "She's one of my friends!" ...

(Room ___, The Regent Bangkok, 200_)

Old Feb 21st, 2009, 06:21 PM
Original Poster

AskOksena, regarding the slippery slope, that's why I don't make direct eye contact in those places. Going with a group also helps - moral support and physical restraint! Still, I hear what you are saying.
Old Feb 22nd, 2009, 03:31 AM

Degas,

If you need moral support let me know your dates.
Old Feb 22nd, 2009, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Hanuman, that is a tempting offer. I'll have my old ball and chain along on this next trip, but maybe in the future.
Old Feb 22nd, 2009, 04:20 PM

i've been to only one place on your list, bed. based on your criteria, its not what you are looking for.

i did see a few high end maka candy at the bar in the shangrila. very good music, but i don't think you can dance there.