Bangkok Long Stay Options

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2012, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Planning on staying in Bangkok for ninety days next year. Considering lodging options: hotel, furnished condo, serviced apartment. Would like to pay about 800 dollars per month and have access to a small gym, pool for laps, AC, near BTS. Feedback from friends is that it is unlikely to find a condo that would rent to me for less than a year. What do you think?
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 06:06 PM

I think your best bet is a serviced apartment. Take a look at Grand President on soi 11 or maybe Omni Tower on soi 4. DS rents from Omni, usually for about 4 weeks at a time, and gets a very good rate. They have a pool and exercise room. It is a condo building, but some condo owners rent out their places when they are not there. There are at least 2-3 different agents who rent space here. The most expensive option is renting from the front desk. DS uses the office in the basement and pays a much better price. I will try to get him to post on this thread for you.
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, Carol
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 01:17 AM

I have previously stayed about 400 metres along On Nut road in Vasan Mansion on Soi 14. They have furnished rooms (bed sit about 32 square metres) with double bed, fridge, aircon and seats and wardrobe. They have security, laundry and restaurant downstairs and wireless internet available.

It is a quiet building in a safe area but they don't have a pool or gym. But just outside is a Nows Fitness gym that I joined and attended daily when I did a similar 3 month stint in Bangkok.
It is a short Songthaew ride to the BTS station - 6 Baht.

It would cost less than 6000 Baht which is only $200 per month.

This may be too far out of the action for you, so there are small guest houses around the Sukhumvit Soi 22 area if you don't mind lodgings.

For 25,000 Baht per month there is a 75m Condo available on the 21st floor in the Bahn Sathorn building near to the Saphan Taksin and BTS. I don't know if they will do 3 months, you will have to contact them at http://www.rentacondoinbangkok.com/b...1st-floor.html

Let us know how you go on.
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 12:29 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Markeewan
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 03:36 PM

Suk 11 Serviced Apartments.
http://www.suk11.com/apartment/

Garden Grove Suites.
http://www.ggrove.com/

Other serviced apartments available but without pool or weight room. Like Living Place.

http://www.21livingplace.com/rates.html

I wouldn't stay only in Bangkok for 90 days unless it is work related or school/training.
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 06:57 PM

I would suggest that you look at Craigslist - yes, Craigslist. They have a lot of listings for Bangkok for both condos and serviced apartments for rent. There are also a few on-line sites for rentals, such as easyhomes.tv (which puts a lot of its listings on Craigslist). I found my last two places through these sites.