Bangkok Hotels,which one to stay at.

Sep 28th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Casey

Bangkok Hotels,which one to stay at.

Going to Bangkok for Christmas. Given the choice between, J.W.Marriott, Sheraton Royal Orchid and Marriott Resort and Spa.
Which one is the best suited for Sightseeing etc.
Thanks for your advice in advance.
Casey.

Sep 28th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Kathie

I haven't stayed at the Marriotts, so I'll leave it for others to comment on them. I always stay at the Royal Orchid. I love the location on the River and next door to the River City shopping center. If you are staying in the regular part of the hotel, I would expect it is just like any other large international hotel. If you stay in the Towers (the top few floors), it's a marvelous experience. Indeed, the Towers often competes with the Oriental for best hotel in the world. A full breakfast and evening drinks and Hors d'ouvres in the club are included in the price, as well as 24 hour butler service and some laundry. The prices are good. Check for specials. I'm getting a 90 sq. meter Tower suite in December for US$190 a night.

Sep 28th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Hanuman

From your list I would choose the Sheraton Royal Orchid because it's by the river and there will be quite a lot of acitivities around the X Mas - new year period.

The Marriott Resort is also by the river but quite far away and a bit out of place. J.W. Marriott is on Sukhumvit Road with nightmarish traffic jams but a good hotel.

Sep 30th, 2002, 09:24 AM
irma

I spent last New Year's at the Sheraton Royal Orchid. A super place. Great restaurants, geat location, huge rooms facing the river, wonderful spa. Boat dock right next door. Great bargain stores one block away and a man who sells copies of expensive watches for $35.00. Had a fantastic time. A shopper's paradise!

Search this Thread