Bangkok Hotels on the river

Mar 9th, 2002, 03:22 AM
Mary Anne

Bangkok Hotels on the river

Can anyone help me to decide which Bangkok Hotel to stay at? We would like to be on the river and near to tourist attractions/shopping etc. Does anyone know of any pros and cons to any of these hotels? Thanks.

Mar 9th, 2002, 05:31 AM
Hanuman

If you want to be by the river and near the tourist attractions, money being secondary, stay at the ORIENTAL!

Mar 9th, 2002, 11:39 AM
Kathie

I always stay in the Towers section of the Royal Orchid Sheraton. You get a room on one of the top few floors, full breakfast, and drinks and hors d'ouvres every evening included in the room price. It's right next door to River City shopping center, which has a great variety of arts and antiques. Any of the hotels on the river are well located.

Mar 11th, 2002, 06:47 AM
Anna

We stayed at the Peninsula in January, would definitely stay there again. It is across the river from the Oriental.

Mar 13th, 2002, 03:42 AM
spcfa

Both the Oriental and the Sheraton Royal Orchid are ideally located. The Sheraton is, well, a Sheraton, but it is a high rise and has better views on the upper floors. The Oriental, on the other hand is a total, once in a lifetime kind of experience.

Mar 18th, 2002, 07:08 AM
lisa

We stayed at the Penninsula and it was fabulous ). Our room was on the 22nd floor with a balcony with amazing views of the city and the river. I don't know what the rates are now but when we booked the rooms through circle of asia on the internet our deluxe room was something like $155 dollars a night (they also had slighly lesser rooms for $130. The service was great, I'd recommend it highly.

Mar 18th, 2002, 07:39 AM
tom

i stayed at the royal river hotel for 18 pound a night . it is a international 4 star hotel . it was superb . a cab into the city was between 100- 160 baht pending on the traffic . just make sure that you get a hotel card with the address on and ther will be no problems . make sure the cabby always puts on the meter . tuk tuk drivers will try and rip you off but barter to get a good price . the food inthe hotel was excellent and very cheap. book the hotel before you go to get a good rate .