bangkok hotel near airport

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 05:11 PM
gene

bangkok hotel near airport

we'll be flying into BKK in the early am and flying out 8 hours later. any suggestions for a moderately priced hotel near the airport? thanks

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 05:29 PM
andrew

I think one of the closes is the Amari Atrium Hotel.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 05:32 PM
Meg

We-Train International House was recommended to me, but we have not yet stayed there. It's pretty basic, but you can get a double room with air condition and private bath for 770 baht a night. They have a website. Hope this helps.

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 08:13 AM
Marie

We stayed at the Amari on a long layover. It is located right in the hotel, which was very nice after a long flight. The price was included in our package, but I think it was approximately $100US per night. That's pricey in Thailand, but you can't beat the location.

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 10:42 AM
bruno

Hi Gene

try the Amari - there is a bridge from the international airport over to the hotel. We stayed several times there and were very satisfied.

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 12:48 AM
Pas

Depending on the time of day, the Amari Airport does have rates for short-time stays (4 hours and 8 hours I think). Of course, do understand that in abolsute terms of value in Bangkok it is expensive (the under-the-table payments to the airport authority probably comprising a substantial portion of the rate), but impossible to beat for the convenience to the airport.