Bangkok Hotel for Family of 4

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2019, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody have a recommendation for a good hotel alternative in Bangkok for a family of 4 in July (4 nights). Most hotel rooms only accomodate 2-3 people, and the few that have a family room like the Courtyard charge a 30-50/night per kid. I am looking to spend up to $200 a night if possible for the 4 of us. Central and close to transportation location is important for us.

One alternative are the Serviced Apartments. Marriott has several of those. I think there is a Conrad. Again, the 1 Bedroom apartments don't have Sofabeds so I guess I need a 2 bedroom. Any recommendations?

Thank you!

Last edited by nyc_boy; Jun 21st, 2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old Jun 22nd, 2019, 10:19 AM

Any of the big American chain hotels (Marriott, Hilton, Sheraton, etc) should be able to accommodate you. I'd call their toll free number and specify exactly what you are looking for. (I find it hard to believe that the Courtyard charges $30-50 per night per child!). Marriott has both serviced apartments and hotels in Bangkok.

You should easily find what you are looking for in your price range.
Old Jun 22nd, 2019, 10:34 AM

I have stayed at the Conrad a few times and loved it. they have an apartment block next door but I think both are out of your price range.

A nice option within your budget might be the Chatrium Hotel Riverside. Also along the river on the other bank is the Anantara Riverside which may be just within budget and is especially suitable for families.

As far as transportation is concerned, both will involve a 15 min ride on teh respective hotel boats to Saphin Taksin pier for the riverboats and skytrain. it may sound like an inconvenience but in the heat of Bangkok, a couple of trips a day in the relative cool on the river , is to be welcomed.
Old Jun 22nd, 2019, 12:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The venerable Viengtai on Khao San Road is now an Ibis Styles. It has rooms with a queen bed and two bunks for well under your budget. However, it seems to have some odd rules about ages.

I prefer to be on the river, but the places I would use there don't have family rooms. If you can afford the Anantara that may be your best bet.
Old Jun 25th, 2019, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Jun 28th, 2019, 03:51 AM

I think you should look into the Grand Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri. It’s a serviced apartment building on Mahatlek Luang 1 which is a soi (small street) off of Rajadamri Rd. This is one of my regular neighborhoods of 20 years of trips to Bangkok. It’s a nice neighborhood and close to two skytrain stations (Ratchadamri BTS and Chitlom BTS).

Many months ago, I completed my hotel bookings for my 2019/2020 trip to S.E. Asia as I spend 6-7 weeks there of which 3 weeks are in Bangkok. Although I haven’t tried out the Grand Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, I have booked either 3 or 4 nights there.

At the Grand Centre Point Rajadamri, I’ve booked a Grand Suite (742 square feet) for $229.19 per night with breakfast included and this is in high season, prior to Jan 02nd, when rates hike up even higher than usual. But, I still got a 61% off rate on Expedia and with free cancelation. I know the prices of the hotels in the area very well as I’ve stayed in most of them and after Jan 01st, I usually book a hotel on Rajadamri Rd and stay up to two weeks before moving on to another area.

https://www.expedia.com/Bangkok-Hote...=1033&logout=1

Anantara was mentioned above, but it will most likely be more than the Grand Centre Point Rajadamri. On my 2018/2019 trip, I did 2 weeks straight at the Anantara Baan Rajprasong Serviced Apartments on Mahatlek Luang 3 before transferring around the corner to the Anantara Siam Hotel as I like Anantara properties. It was a very nice serviced apartment building and I just tried looking it up only to find out that the Dusit took over the building as of May 2019. You should check that one out as a Dusit property might be less than an Anantara property. I’ve stayed at the Dusit Thani Hotel and gotten great rates in the past so who knows, maybe Dusit’s serviced apartment building will be priced nicely.

https://newthaihotels.com/dusit-take....google.com%2F

Happy Travels!
Old Jun 29th, 2019, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much. Will check your recommendations for sure. In the meantime I was able to find a room with 2 doubles at the Courtyard in Bangkok. The hotel has good reviews and seems to be centrally located. Anybody stayed there before? Plus I am elite with Marriott.

Old Jun 29th, 2019, 10:35 AM

• You’re welcome
Is the below hotel the one that you’re talking about?

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bkkcy-courtyard-bangkok

If it is, I haven’t stayed at that one, but by the address it’s on the same “soi” as the Grande Centre Point Rajadamri serviced apartments. That “soi name ” has three different ones with the same name as I also stayed in “soi 2” for many trips as I had two different, Airbnb apartments in soi 2 and then of course “soi 3” is where the former Anantara (now Dusit) serviced apartment building was. So, being in that general area is a very good location.

Happy Travels!

Last edited by Guenmai; Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old Jun 29th, 2019, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Yes it is. Thanks for the info.
Old Jun 30th, 2019, 01:52 PM

The Courtyard will be a good hotel. Nothing fancy, but clean, good location and nice staff. I've stayed there many times.
I also really liked the Anantara Rajprasang which is a block away from the Courtyard. I stayed there several times and loved the location and staff. As Guenmai mentioned, it is now the Dusit Suites, so not sure about now, but since it's new- to Dusit- I'd guess it's still good.
The rooms look pretty much the same. The one bedroom suites were very nice with a big bedroom, and bath, full kitchen, and the big living room with a large sofa bed. I shared one of these once with a friend who slept on the couch and we both got a good night's rest. I kind of stopped going as the prices got very high, but I notice they're much more reasonable now. ($147/night in early July)
Old Jun 30th, 2019, 02:45 PM

I would also recommend the Anatara Riverside https://www.anantara.com/en/riverside-bangkok/rooms They have a family suite for $191. We stayed there several times when our children were young and it was still the Marriott. In my opinion, it has one of the best swimming pools for families, which is very important after a day touring in hot, humid Bangkok. Also, the boat ride to and from the hotel was a highlight for the kids.
Old Jun 30th, 2019, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks much!
Old Jul 3rd, 2019, 06:20 AM

the courtyard in bkk is fantastic and could not be more central... we also like Anantara Riverside---fantastic pool
Old Jul 15th, 2019, 02:22 AM
Original Poster

I ended up staying at the Courtyard. Really nice hotel and centrally located, I got a family room that was a large room with 2 queen beds perfect for my family, Thank you for all the help.
Old Jul 15th, 2019, 04:25 AM

Glad it worked out well.

Happy Travels!