Bangkok:Hotel for 3 days!

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 08:36 PM
Jeanne

Bangkok:Hotel for 3 days!

Hello, Asia lovers,

On my way to Bhutan at the end of this October, I will have 3 days
to recover from flight from Boston. I would love to stay at a small Thai budget hotel eg. The
Royal or Viengtai Hotel but I'm worried about getting to the airport thr the very early morning traffic in order to get my flight to Bhutan. I'm a female, 59, and
traveling entirely alone. Do I
stay at the Comfort Suites Airport Hotel or venture into the city?
I'll want to go sightseeing while there. Thanks for any input.

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 02:12 AM
Veronika

Hi..r.. jeanne,
i just left from thailand... sugguest one superb hotel (budget) at Holiday Mansion Hotel, located in down town and excellent service, they also have one travel agent inside.. good price good service...
email:[email protected], refer to my name, you might be get a good price

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 12:08 PM
lynn

Jeanne -

DO NOT STAY AT THE COMFORT INN! It was terrible.

We made that mistake for one night. We thought it would be better to be near the airport but it really doesn't matter. With the expressway the traffic isn't that bad.

You must stay in town. A would recommend the Siam Inter-Continental. It is in a great location and they are offering some exellent deals because they will be tearing it down next year. The price is about $45 a night.

Meg (who also posts on this board) just got back and said it was a good value for the great location. Nothing fancy, nothing crummy. I have not stayed there but we're thinking of it in November.

Repeat - DO NOT STAY AT THE COMFORT INN!

Lynn

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 12:18 PM
bruno

Hi Jeanne

try the Narai Hotel at Silom Road. Near to Chao Phra River on which you can easily go by boat to Kings Palace and other things to visit. Also very close to the Highway back to the airport.
Not expensive and good value.
Have a good stay in Bhutan
Bruno

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 07:08 PM
janine

hey jeanne... a few coincidences( my janine is the diminutive for yours), our names, traveling solo, and our final destination: bhutan!
Iīm going in mid-october, will be staying in Bangkok for 2 days, but itīs worth going into town, neither of the airport hotels are a good choice, try navigating www.asia_hotels.com till you find what you are looking for in price,location, etc...itīs worth staying next or close to the river as you cn navigate up and down and then you wonīt lose time in traffic...
janine