Bangkok Holiday Inn

Sep 5th, 2006, 02:15 AM
Original Poster

Bangkok Holiday Inn

I will be in Bangkok November 17 for afew nights with wife and daughter (8 years). I have lots of points with Holiday Inn and see that they have two properties available. 971 Ploenchit Road, Patumwan and 981 Silom Road. Can anyone give me an opinion about the hotels, location, safety, etc. Many thanks. Jerry
Sep 5th, 2006, 04:10 AM
rbm

Hi glk11b
The Holiday Inn Ploenchit Road is a fine hotel. It is not a 5 star job, but very very comfortable. Location is fine- close to Central Dept store (4 minute walk), the Paragon (new cutting edge shopping centre- about 10 minute walk), a few stops from the Emporium and Central World Plaze, Amarin Centre and numerous others nearby. It is connected to the Intercontinental Hotel next door and you can use those facilities whilst stayiong at the HI. Lots of restos. The hotel can fix you up with tours if you want. Small pool. Security is fine. For an additonal USD 30 (approx) you can upgrade to the Executive Floor (12th)- better room, amenties and access to the Lounge for included continental breaky, coffee etc and a modest Happy Hour in the evening-decent wine and good label liquor if interested. Daughter is welcomed. Staff are first-class. Internet free at the lounge. Don't know a thing about the HI Silom Road. Have a great holiday.
Sep 5th, 2006, 09:14 AM

About the HI Silom, you could also say:

"The hotel can fix you up with tours if you want. Small pool. Security is fine. For an additonal USD 30 (approx) you can upgrade to the Executive Floor - better room, amenties and access to the Lounge for included continental breaky, coffee etc and a modest Happy Hour in the evening-decent wine and good label liquor if interested. Daughter is welcomed. Staff are first-class. Internet free at the lounge. Don't know a thing about the HI Silom Road. Have a great holiday."

Location is ok on Silom Road. A 5-min walk to BTS and short ride to river. Sounds like the other HI might be nicer.

In either case, the $25 (or $30) to upgrade to exec level is worth it. I had a v. nice room and loved the exec club at HI Silom.
Sep 5th, 2006, 09:16 AM

Guess I could have removed the last two sentences after the cut and paste.
Sep 5th, 2006, 06:49 PM

no comparison between the two...plenochit only opened last year as a renovation of a former full service hotel....i have stayed on silom and it is dated and a bit faded...the exec floors are quite nice however....the staff is confused and difficult i found....go to plenochit...