Bangkok Club/Bar Scene?

Search

Bangkok Club/Bar Scene?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bangkok Club/Bar Scene?

Hearing rumors that the police in Bangkok are cracking down on clubs and bars in Bangkok that stay open past 1AM. Can anyone confirm that? I'm not a huge club goer, but last year I really enjoyed going to qBar and Bed and hanging with the "pretty people". Are there any new hot spots that locals/recent travelers can recommend? Thanks!
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 04:19 PM

Yes, places had started closing earlier last year when I was there. I enjoyed Face Bar in Sukhumvit. Check out www.chicasia.com for numbers and address. Sirocco at Silom is a restaurant but a great, outdoor dining experience. Vertigo at the Banyan Tree - again outdoor, great views.
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 07:28 PM

1 pm and your out a there.. it's strictly enforced.

I'm living in bkk and do club once and a while.

Mistique is another of the "Pretty people joints"

personly I can barelly handle any of those places for some reason "pretty peaple cant or don't like too dance"

CM2 at the novotel, siam sqare. is a high end club that always has a good mix of locals, tourist, and yes as in any and every club in bkk "Ladies"..

if ya post what type of music ya like I and other may be able too help ya better.
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 05:39 AM
Original Poster

Hobbes and orgy...thanks. Big-O, to answer your question, I'm less interested in the music and more interested in a club/bar to chill, drink and mingle. My buddy and I had a great time last year at qBar and Bed and we're hoping to find a new "hot spot" this year. We're interested in meeting ladies...but not of the "professional" caliber. Rather we'd like to meet other travelers, farangs, expats, etc.
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 07:02 AM

One fav of mne which manages to stay open late and where u will meet a number of expat locals and other locals is Admakers on Soi Lungsuan. Great live band too. Not very fancy but loads of fun.
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 08:36 PM

I am going to Bkk in november and I'm just looking for a place to hang out and listen to music and maybe dance some. I live in LA so I'm used to the pretty people. Thanks Karen