Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Bangkok airport transport options (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/bangkok-airport-transport-options-630495/)

moovet Jul 12th, 2006 03:17 PM

Bangkok airport transport options

How much should we expect to pay for a taxi from the airport to Rajadamnern Avenue in the old quarter. We are going to stay in the new honeymoon suite of the Old Bangkk Inn hopefully. What other transport options are there and how much are they in THai Baht?

tker Jul 12th, 2006 04:48 PM

I am not really sure where your hotel is.

We paid about 150 baht for a 1 hour taxi ride across Bangkok. We weren't sight seeing-it too that long from point a-point b.

This was a regular metered taxi-small Toyota car.

Kathie Jul 12th, 2006 04:53 PM

There are regular taxis and there are "Limos," which are Volvo or Mercedes sedans, great if you have more luggage. The taxi fare will be about 350-400 baht (make sure they use the meter) plus tolls. (The answer to the question of whether you want them to use the toll expressway is YES). A Limo is about 1000-1200 baht (plus tolls). These are rates from the old airport.

MichaelBKK Jul 12th, 2006 06:15 PM

If you take a metered taxi from the queue, just remember you pay what's on the meter plus 50 Baht for the queue service.

Regular taxis can be a bit tricky if you don't know exactly where you're going. Addresses are useless in Bangkok. So if a hotel is relatively new, you might need to ask them for a map.

rhkkmk Jul 12th, 2006 07:22 PM

i think kathie's quotes might be slightly high...maybe 300 for taxi and about 700 for limo....i would take limo for my initial arrival....taxi will just get lost...limo will know where to go

i like AAC limo at the airport

the hotel is not far from v-mark palace and the democracy monument....that area generally...

toll road only!! only about 60 B extra...

Jed Jul 13th, 2006 05:51 AM

We stopped at a "limo" counter at BKK, cost 720 baht, got a Toyota Camry.

When you get to the airport, you will be besieged by taxi offers. Try to keep cool physically and emotionally, and be prepared. ((*))

Kathie Jul 13th, 2006 10:07 AM

Only take a taxi from the queue or use one of teh Limo counters. The free-lancers making you offers will end up costing you lots more!

moovet Jul 13th, 2006 03:41 PM

Thanx Guys. Bob, can you prebook that company online or any of them?

rhkkmk Jul 13th, 2006 07:04 PM

yes...try using this address:

[email protected]

they want cash and there are atm machine near to their desk which is just inside the taxi exit door way to the left as you leave the customs hall...if you pre book look for a sign with your name on it as you approach the hundereds of people with signs to the left as you leave customs...as said above ignor everyone else who approaches you...don't talk to them...keep walking