My friend and I are backpacking Southeast Asia in a couple of weeks and our original plan was to fly into Phuket and spend a couple of weeks there, traveling around to the various islands in the area, before moving our way up to Bangkok. We read previously that since it's the end of the wet season we would have mixed good and bad days and thought we would take our chances since most of the other countries we were planning on visiting (Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam) had similar weather patterns and we thought our best (and cheapest) bet would be starting in Southern Thailand. However, after monitoring the weather recently and doing more research, we're wondering if we've made a mistake. Would anyone have any ideas as to how bad the weather might be during this time? Is it worth it to stay and hope for good days to try and get water activities in or should we cut our losses and fly to Bali during this time instead?
On another note, we mentioned one of the reasons we chose Phuket during the end of rainy season was because prices would be cheaper. Are there cheap ways to explore Bali and neighboring islands during this time or do you think we'd end up blowing most of our money making this alteration to our travel plans?
Any advice would be great! Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AOL Online + 1800/681/7208 Password recovery CONTACT AOL tec*h SUP0RT 24by7
- 2 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 3 5 days in Singapore
- 4 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 5 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 6 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 7 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 8 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 9 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 10 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 11 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 12 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 13 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 14 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 15 Wat Arun
- 16 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 17 Miyajima Island
- 18 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 19 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 20 Vientiane to LP December
- 21 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 22 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 23 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 24 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 25 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?