Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Krabi?

Search

Where to stay in Krabi?

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2000, 04:34 AM
Anna

Where to stay in Krabi?

Hi <BR> <BR>I am trying to decide between two hotels in the Krabi area in November, and simply don't know enough to make the decision. It could make a real difference to our holiday, so I'd be really grateful for any info. <BR> <BR>The two hotels are - AoNang Villa in AoNang, and Krabi Meritime just outside Krabi town. <BR> <BR>If anyone can give me any more information about either of these, or the general areas of AoNang and Krabi town, that would be great. Also, I have a few specific questions I'd like the answers to: <BR> <BR>I've come across several references to AoNang being "noisy". How noisy, and what kind of noise? <BR> <BR>How far out of town is the Krabi Meritime? Would we be stuck in the hotel, especially for eating in the evening? (We wouldn't want this) <BR> <BR>How easy/difficult is it to get from either of these places to Rai Lai beach? <BR> <BR>How easy/difficult is it to go on other day trips from either of these places, eg to islands or national parks? <BR> <BR>Thanks for your help <BR> <BR>Anna

Old May 25th, 2000, 12:52 PM
bruno

Hi Anna <BR> <BR>i would recommend to stay either at Ao Nang Beach (try Peace Bungalow - quiet place on a small lake) or better take the boat from Ao Nang to Railey Beach and have a nice stay overthere (boat trip takes 15 minutes). Many good Bungalows overthere. Unfortunately i can t say anything about Krabi Meritime. Have a nice time. <BR>We shall be at that time at Koh Lanta. <BR>Bruno

Old May 25th, 2000, 08:41 PM
scotters

much better place is the Krabi Resort with both villas and hotel rooms. I agree that it can be very lively in high season nov-jan <BR> hope this helps

Old May 25th, 2000, 08:58 PM
Scotters

Somehow only the bottom part of my post showed up. The Krabi Mertime is an excellent hotel-clean rooms with bathrooms that have both tub and shower. Nice pool with bar. Short distance to resturanrs in town. <BR>The Ao Nang Villa is just a block building-no villas. Overpriced

Old May 27th, 2000, 08:28 AM
toom

Anna, <BR>I also support Krabi Meritime, you can easily go to dinner downtown in a walking distance. Nice hotel. I think it is not too difficult to get to Railey beach, because there are many agents ready to serve you, and also at the hotel there is one travel agent to help you. You will love Krabi. <BR>Have a good time in the land of smiles.