Search

Lombok and Gili islands advice about distance/time to the airport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 02:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lombok and Gili islands advice about distance/time to the airport

Hi guys
we are trying to decide whether to spend our last night on Lombok on Gili Air or on sengiggi. our flight leaves at 14.10 so we want to get there by midday and there is a public boat at 7.30 and a speedboat at 8.30am. the hotel in Gili air said they can arrange for a taxi to pick us up form Bansal port and take to the airport.

1) does anyone know the timetable for the speedboats leaving from Gili air to Bangsal port When I look online it just give me boats from Bali to Gili. and what is the likelihood of the boat being cancelled or something?

2) does anyone know how long the taxi ride will take? will we have enough time to get to the airport

our other option is to stay at Tugu Resort near Bangsal the night before if there is a chance we will be late for our plane trip.

appreciate your advice.
thanks
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 11:53 AM

Your hotel is the best source of info on speedboat time tables. You can also opt for a private speedboat transfer, though they rend to be expensive. If you will worry about it, then stay at the Tugu.
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 06:19 PM

You're absolutely fine to stay in Gili Air that night.

There will be a public boat in the morning to Bangsal. Should be 10-13K The prices just went up. It goes when it is full and from Air your best shot is early morning. Plenty of options for transport from Bangsal. I usually just go with one of the touts, should be 200K to the airport. Or take a horse cart to the taxi area 10-20K and there you can get a metered Blue Bird.

If you have a bit more budget I strongly suggest organising a speed boat with Jabong - he runs all of the speed boats between the three islands. His number is +62 813 39540602. His english is good. I've used him nearly every month for the past 3 years. It should be about 300-350K IDR from Air to Teluk Nara. Jabong can then arrange a car to the airport. Boat will take 10 min and car 90 min. You don't really need to get to the airport until 1 hour before.

All this said, the TUGU is one of my favourite hotels in the world. If you've not stayed there I highly recommend it!

Travel safe!