bali for five days, what to see and do?

Jul 10th, 2001, 06:42 AM
lori

bali for five days, what to see and do?

we've finally decided to go to bali for our honeymoon in march. we're staying at the begawan giri estate near ubud. does anybody know anything about this place? we are a bit nervous about out decision (honeymoon being a one time thing and all). please advise us on things we must see and do. i am an artist and we both enjoy history and culture. your help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Jul 10th, 2001, 09:07 AM
Tandy

Lori, From the web page it looks like and ideal honeymoon destination. We are going to Bali on Thur. We are renting a house from someone that we rent from in Hawaii. (They travel between the 2 destinations)
http://www.maui.net/~paliuli/palace.htmlThey love Bali! Nearly everything I have heard is positive. They love the people, the beauty and energy.
The house we are renting, while a great house, it is in Syminyak and we are not on our honeymoon.
If you every go to Maui, check out their web page (just end the address at paliuli). It is two houses and they are very private and romantic--my favorite place anywhere (but I have not been to Bali yet).
If I find your estate while we are out exploring, I will check it out for you and report back. (I love to do things like that.) It looks extremely romantic. With all of the (beautiful)pictures they have on the web, it can't be all bad. I used to be leary of booking someplace special without getting an excellent report from someone or seeing it myself. With the advent of the web, I have always been pleased when the web site had lots of pictures and was descriptive.
Best wishes..Tandy

Jul 10th, 2001, 12:09 PM
Jennifer

Don't miss the monkey forest in Ubud! It's facinating. But DO NOT take any food or water with you.. the monkeys will wrestle you for it!

Search this Thread