Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Bali 5D 4N (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/bali-5d-4n-929717/)

Ahmad_FirdausDin Mar 30th, 2012 09:07 AM

Bali 5D 4N

I got a ticket frm KL-Bali on this coming June for 5D 4N....I need yur opinion...yur comments guyz really help me a lot.. but 1 thing i want to know.. everybody mention about PUTU in Bali? wht is putu actually?
i really want to know how can i travel in Bali...becoz i'll going there alone..whts the best where i can xplore Bali alone? plzzz help me.

Ahmad_FirdausDin Mar 30th, 2012 09:09 AM

Do i need to buy travel package in Malaysia...or its better for me to get one when i get thre?

Kathie Mar 30th, 2012 09:26 AM

Choose one area to stay in Bali, either inland outside Ubud or at a beach location (I like Sanur). You can take a taxi from the airport to your hotel. You will probably want to hire a car and driver one day to expore other parts of the island. Putu is a driver/guide many people here have used on Bali.

No need for a "travel package" You can book your own hotel on one of the discount websites like www.agoda.com.

rhkkmk Mar 30th, 2012 01:43 PM

putu is a tour guide and driver in bali whom many of us have used....

google: my bali friend

Ahmad_FirdausDin Mar 31st, 2012 09:17 AM

tqvm for yur help!!

StanKase Mar 31st, 2012 03:45 PM

I used Putu but be carefukl because there are at least 2 Putu's. You want Balifriend. We used him last year. We found him to be to be good but not exceptional. He would take you to the places he thinks tourists want to go unless you research the Fodor's Guide and Lonely Planet and then tell him those places that sound like they interest you but avoid Monkey Forect. Then ask him to add a few hidden gems that you have not mentioned.With such a short time in Bali I would tour for at least 2 days. Last year he charged us about 650,000Rp. for a 10 hour day. You can see a lot in 2 days.The shops in Ubud are now very commercial so I would not use him for that purpose if I were you.
Good luck and enjoy.

Lyndie Mar 31st, 2012 06:30 PM

A very reliable guy I use is Gede (G'day). Phone +62 812 3633 9407. His vehicle is modern and his rates are negotiable. Fuel prices have risen in Indonesia, however I would expect to pay around 400,000 rupiah for a full day. We were picked up at 8.30 a.m. and dropped off at 5.00 p.m. A long but comfortable day with a driver who speaks perfect English and is intelligent and charming.

Lyndie Mar 31st, 2012 06:35 PM

You could also use the Perama buses which travel all over East/Nth Bali. I bought a ticket Sanur to Kuta/Kuta to Candidasa/Candidasa to Ubud/Ubud to Padang Bai/Padang Bai/Sanur/Denpasar Airport for around 200,000 rupiah in Nov/December 2011 and used it over the month I was there. They call them "Pass tickets" and they allow free stopovers i.e hop on, hop off service. Ask for a 10% discount card for your next ride. Good luck.

Ahmad_FirdausDin Apr 1st, 2012 02:55 AM

woww...u help me a lot guyz.
TQVM indeed. cant wait this coming June...
1 more thing...i am still seeking the best hotel Kuta area with reasonable price...around IDR200 000 - IDR250 000.

Lyndie Apr 1st, 2012 07:41 PM

Tune hotels are basic but comfortable. www.tunehotels.com. They are owned by Air Asia and you pay extra for air conditioning, towels etc., however I regularly stay there for 5 nights for under $US50.00. Also consider Ayu Lily Garden off Jln Benasari. My friend stays there often and loves it. Prices around IDR 200,000. Sorry no contact number.

marmot Apr 1st, 2012 07:48 PM

My son and his 20 something friends like the Masa Inn.
http://www.masainn.com/

Ahmad_FirdausDin Apr 7th, 2012 05:20 AM

tqvm guyz... cant wait to go there.. i've done a lot of research recently about Bali. my friend suggest to me to xplore Bali by motorcycle... bcoz its cheaper.. is it ok?

kuluk Apr 7th, 2012 05:39 AM

If you normally ride a motorbike at home and are comfortable with it, then it's a possible idea for you. However, just be aware that there is about one death EVERY DAY in Bali from motorbike accidents and many more serious injuries that don't make the news. I have had friends and family die, as well as suffer severe injuries due to motorbike accidents in Bali.

If you do decide to do that, make sure you use a helmet always, have a valid motorbike license, have full medical insurance including evacuation and are very very careful at all times!

Transportation in Bali is very easy, there are taxis everywhere in the southern areas. Outside of the south, there are freelance taxis readily available...and if you need very cheap, there are the local busses, either the bemo or the large Sarbagita bus service as well.

Ahmad_FirdausDin Apr 7th, 2012 06:01 AM

Kuluk : TQVM indeed for yur advise. I think its better for me to go around Bali by Putu.. its more convenient than motorbike.
my friend told me its only around RM120 for full day tour by Avanza.
but bcoz it is just two of us.... i think i just need a small car instead of avanza. is there any car for rent there in Bali... self-drive or with driver... and price?

Ahmad_FirdausDin Apr 7th, 2012 07:06 AM

guyz...i want to buy some Bali's Deco for my new house e.g painting, wood carving etc. where can i find with the cheapest price?