Baiyoke Sky Hotel Bangkok

Feb 21st, 2002, 02:00 AM
Donna

Baiyoke Sky Hotel Bangkok

Hi there,
due to unforseen circumstances, we have had to change hotels. We are now thinking of staying at the Baiyoke Sky Hotel.
Has nayone satyed there and if so, what were your impressions?
We are wondering about room size, facillities, restaurants etc.
Is it in a good position?
Thanks in advance
Donna

Feb 23rd, 2002, 02:57 AM
Donna

Feb 23rd, 2002, 06:55 PM
Annette

Hi:
We stayed there (couple/one child). Breakfast was included- mediocre but sufficient. Room (suite?) was BIG. A real plus for family. Location..fair. View of railroad and people living in tin houses. Price was fairly reasonable..especially considering size. Not as fancy as many places..but we just needed a place to sleep. We did not stay long enough for me to comment on other facilities. I would not think it an ideal spot for several days. Very decent, clean and safe..not fancy.

Feb 28th, 2002, 01:10 AM
thequinnster

I got a good rate there on planetholiday or one of the other sites. The hotel is OK. The location is not bad altho it is very crowded. The rooms are very very big. Didn't try any of the facilities or restaurants except for breakfast, which was OK.

Mar 4th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Lynfin

There are *two* Baiyoke hotels almost right next to each other in Bangkok. I'm pretty sure that the one you mention is the nicer one. My husband and I had the dubious distinction of staying in the ***other one*** for three days in April 2000 ("courtesy" of Royal Nepal airlines) when a plane delay caused us to miss our connecting flight back to the States. Make sure the hotel you're considering doesn't bump you to this sister hotel instead.

We also learned the hard way about their "in-room massage services". After hearing so much about how relaxing Thai massages were, we were very surprised when the hotel sent up two heavily-made up young women in tight black minidresses and matching cellphones who asked us if we were ***sure** all we wanted was a massage!

I am hoping that our experience is the exception, rather than the rule...