Researching for a month-long trip to Sri Lanka I read from older posts varying opinions regarding how feasible / rewarding can be to travel at backpacker cost.
So many posts mention steep extra charges on foreigners and many locals trying to charge up market tariffs even if they own simple guesthouses.
Maybe the Sri Lankan government doesn't want that part of travel market?
I read also that government charges really expensive entrance fees to popular sites.
Backpacker cost is not really set in stone by anyone, but maybe could assume that might go around 30 us$ - 30 euro for solo travel?
And if probably it is possible to travel at a low cost, maybe you struggle a lot and miss too many good things?
Any ideas/ experiences on feasibility for enjoyable backpacker travel would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 EPSON printer 1:800:681:7208 installations Contact EPSON Tec*h care!
- 2 Please Help First-Timers to India!
- 3 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 4 First time to Vietnam. Itinerary help please
- 5 Tips for One Week in Japan with Baby
- 6 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 7 Hiking in Sapa
- 8 4 nights in Himalayas - Bhutan,Nepal, India?
- 9 Japan escorted
- 10 two health related questions
- 11 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 12 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 13 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 14 Princess Cruise
- 15 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 16 Mongolia - Blue Silk Travel
- 17 Nha Trang,Vn taxi
- 18 Bago or Golden rock
- 19 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 20 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 21 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 22 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 23 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 24 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 25 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo