i am not as talented a writer as many of you but will try to post highlights of our trip and I am more than willing to answer any questions. Our itinerary consisted of 3 nights Delhi, 2 nights Agra, 2 nights Jaipur, 2 nights Ranthambore, 4 nights Udaipur and 3 nights Mumbai.
We stayed in the Oberoi bubble with the exception of one night in Mumbai. For us, the bubble felt essential. We are a family of 5 and found the oasis of the oberoi essential to a balanced vacation.
I planned trip myself after much help from this forum and trip advisor. We used India by car and Driver and they did not live up to expectation-from positive reviews. They were fine but our driver was not quite an English speaking guide and there were few other issues.
Oberoi is close to perfection. If I had to do over I would skip ranthambore-safari was not for us. Interestingly, it must be us because most people do 2-3 safaris...we did one, did not see tiger and couldn't wait to cancel our 2nd safari. The oberoi in Ranthambore is lovely and general manager the best but if I had to do over I would have done Jodphur instead.
We saw so much and experienced so much: Highlights included
1. Rickshaw ride in old Delhi
2. visit to village school in Udaipur
3. elephant safari-through beautiful village (Narlai)
4. Ayavedic massage-for the experience...more than relaxation
Shopped a ton...got taken advantage of but slowly learned. Had custom made men's clothes and dresses made for my daughter
ate best food ever....
Overall amazing experience....loved india. If I think of other highlights I will post. Still little jet lagged.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HP printer I~800~681:7208 installations contact HP Tec*h supp0rt sbaba!
- 2 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 3 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 4 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 5 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 6 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 7 8 Days in Bali
- 8 two health related questions
- 9 Princess Cruise
- 10 Best day trip from Phuket
- 11 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
- 12 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 13 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
- 14 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 15 Kata Beach
- 16 Sulawesi
- 17 meow?
- 18 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 19 Help me plan my honeymoon! 7.5 days in Japan
- 20 First time to Japan (This Month)
- 21 Phuket
- 22 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 23 Bangkok - Suggestions ??
- 24 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 25 Going to France - Should I Learn French?
Back from wonderful two plus weeks in India!!!