Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Back from wonderful 2 weeks in India!!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/back-from-wonderful-2-weeks-in-india-854495/)

juliajane Aug 13th, 2010 05:30 PM

Back from wonderful 2 weeks in India!!!

Hello all,
Had an amazing 2 weeks in India and will post trip report soon. Just thought it may help others to know that many of the things i worried about were not an issue. The weather although hot was not unbearable, although I did have ac car and hotel to go too if wanted to escape heat. However, I was afraid it would be unbearable and it was not. Never got pick pocketed or even felt threatened by anyone. Rains were manageable (although maybe we were lucky)!! Never got sick (although we were careful). I loved the people, sights and sounds of India and the smells were not as bad as I imagined. Now I must say I was in the "Oberoi bubble" as Dogster put it.....and let me tell you it was a fabulous bubble! I have never been treated so well..and the hotels were gorgeous..especially shimla, jaipur and agra! I got so many tips from this board that I will post details of what we did soon. Ate in a number of restaurants that were recomeneded here. It feels like a dream now..It was a trip of a lifetime!!!
JJ

evecolorado Aug 13th, 2010 06:32 PM

So glad it all went wonderfully--thank you for letting us know so soon after your arrival back home. My husband, sister and I have benefited from all the advice given by the good folks on this board helping you get your trip together.

Looking forward to your trip report, especially as we're going to be spending a few days in Shimla.

Kathie Aug 13th, 2010 06:34 PM

I'm so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time! I look forward to your report.

Jaya Aug 13th, 2010 07:47 PM

Glad it went well and that you didn't get sick!

dgunbug Aug 14th, 2010 05:35 AM

Can't wait to hear your trip report!

indianapearl Aug 14th, 2010 06:03 AM

This is great news. India gets into your mind and heart, doesn't it??

thursdaysd Aug 14th, 2010 06:22 AM

Glad you had a good time, looking forward to the TR.

Craig Aug 14th, 2010 07:21 AM

Welcome home - looking forward to your report...

abby97 Aug 14th, 2010 10:58 AM

I'm glad you had such a nice trip! I can't wait to read the trip report . . .

520 Aug 14th, 2010 03:38 PM

Sounds, indeed, as if all your worries were for nought!! How cool is that?!! Look forward to reading your trip report!!

Abby, what did you finally decide re: itinerary and agent--or not?

Nutella Aug 14th, 2010 04:10 PM

Glad to hear you had a great trip!

And looking forward to hearing how the "Oberai Bubble" half live :)

rhkkmk Aug 14th, 2010 06:20 PM

glad it all worked out....anxious to read all the details

lcuy Aug 14th, 2010 07:17 PM

Ah, the Oberoi Bubble. I love being inside that one! Nothing like a hot day in India, then returning to float in the pool at an Oberoi.....

Eager to hear how it all worked out!

magical Aug 14th, 2010 09:52 PM

Glad you loved India...and had a great trip.

Despite all of it's many problems, India keeps moving forward.
It's amazing when you think of it....a country that's been around for 10,000 years or atleast 4000 years.

Ah, yes, the Oberoi bubble....imho, it's 7 star service for a 4* price.

Looking forward to your TR.

CaliNurse Aug 17th, 2010 11:49 AM

Great to hear from you, JJ--i've wondered how it went. Sooo glad you enjoyed Shimla--i assume that means the town as well as the hotel?
Like everyone else, look forwrad to your trip report. First, yourself plenty of physical and emotional recuperation time. You may be surprised by how much you miss the places. Get lots of movies to watch, about the place and people, in case you get too "homesick" for Mother India!
So when do you start planning your next trip? (-:

FromDC Aug 19th, 2010 07:41 AM

Really looking forward to your report. In the meantime, would you be able to simply post your itinerary and how you got from place to place? I'm expecting to do a similar trip in a few months and would like a head start. Thanks!

moremiles Aug 19th, 2010 08:22 AM

Interested in the details of your trip also!

rhkkmk Aug 19th, 2010 11:08 AM

more please!!!

Marija Aug 19th, 2010 11:22 AM

I hope doesn't follow in Mrs.Marge's footsteps...

indianapearl Aug 19th, 2010 03:26 PM

Yeah, Marija, Mrs. Marge dropped us at the curb. I hope juliajane won't be so cruel!