Back from BKK and Bali- Bob & Marnmot

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we are back from Bali and BKK. I am not good at writing a detail review so here is my story: I have been wanting to go to Bali for a while now and finally made it. We had Putu as a driver and he is a wonderful person.. My husband Mike had a Bali Belly so we did not do much sightseeing. However we manged to stayed at Villa Devatas- 5 bedrooms with 15 staff (nice, Beautiful, River setting with Jungle surrounding but too much nature noise for me so we moved to MY FAVIORTE THE LEGIAN).

THE LEGIAN SEMINYAK hotel- Oh my, I feel in love with THE LEGIAN. we booked one bedrrom oceanfront suite, but they upgraded us to 2 bedroom OCF sutie, The best is the staff and the management at the LEgian. I did not want to come back to Dallas. We toured Samaya hotel, Chedi in UBud, FS Sayan, FS Jimbran Bay. We had lunch at Chedi and FS Jimbran Bay. THe Legian wasnt cheap but it was worth it. Eventho we did not see much of Bali, I would stay at the LEGIAN again if we go back to Bali. The food, the service , all were outstanding. The Chedi UBUD is peaceful but is build on the rice farm so i am sure you can hear nature for sure especially at night. We saw Chedi Ubud suite but The Legian suite is much nicer- IMO. We saw FS Ubud riverFront Suite, FS Jimbran Bay suite and i still like the THe legian. If you have questions pls ask.

Regards,
Sandy
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

ANd my favorite still is BKK due to awesome food and shopping. We had dinner at Sarong in Seminyak in Bali. Ate La Mak for lunch in Ubud- Not bad. The restaurant setting is very romantic. Ate at many places in BKK, Sirocoo- sp beautiful setting, the food was ok. Ramahal- the best Indian restaurant.
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 02:02 PM

thanks for the huge update on the phone today and for this...

people might be interested in your opinion of the davis hotel and how you dealt with being stuck in bkk and your "escape"....

bob
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 02:32 PM

Oh, yes, do tell!
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 05:13 PM

What was your impression of Sarong in Bali?
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Original Poster

Tengo,
Sarong is a nice romantic restaurant. Nice ambience with beautiful setting but small area. I thought of u and your kids while I was having lunch a Samaya
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 07:21 AM

I see the Hotel Tugu did not make the cut. Glad you had an enjoyable time though.
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Original Poster

Hello Craig,

I completely forgot. We had a fabulous dinner at Hotel Tugu. We toured two types of suite. The food was outstanding. The place is really quiet and some what antique for us but we really had a good dinner. It was my goal to see most of the resorts since i read and seen thousands of pictures. Unbeliveable experience being at these hotels( i cant believe that i am there!) Tugu has a beatiful grounds. We saw Oberio- sp in Seminyak too. Beautifull grounds but my heart is at The Legian in Seminyak.
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 12:26 AM

clear, I'm glad to hear that the Legian didn't disappoint. I've stayed there so many times I should own stock (unfortunately I do not) and I'm always looking forward to the next time.

Did you look at the Alila in Ubud?

Tengo, I've been to Sarong a few times and I'll go back. The decor is dramatic -- maybe a bit trendy for Bali -- and the food is eclectic -- maybe a bit too much so. We liked sitting in the garden which is small but serene. Inside can be noisy and stuffy. I liked the food best when we stuck to one ethnicity instead of mixing it up. Indian was very good.
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Original Poster

Hi Marmot,
I am dreaming about "Legian". Can hear the ocean waves from our room on the 3rd floor. very spacious balcony overlooked the pool and the beach area. The incrediable staff. We did not see Alia but Toured FS Ubud, FS Jimbran Bay (had lunch), Chedi Ubud (had lunch), Samaya- had lunch, Had fab dinner at Hotel Tugu. I chose the Legian becz the first time we got to the resort the staff were outstanding, and the view of the ocean. I did not feel that at FS. The setting of the Legian suite and the music playing in the suite is sureal. I am planning to call the hotel and buy the original CD that was made for the legian hotel. I kept on telling my husband Mike- Marmot is absolutely accurate and this is the place to come and chill out. The hotel food was really good too! I am a food freak so it was nice to have the chef prepared some authetic dishes (Balinese Style). I have stayed at Aman in Phuket but the Legian really got my attention! I really like the setting of Chedi Ubud grounds, very soothing but the place is not for me since too close to the nature.
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 05:27 PM

Marmot,
We had the very same feeling about Sarong. We much preferred it when we stuck with one of the two cuisines, more or less. We went a couple of times. Their Indian curries were excellent and they had a Thai snapper in green curry (that the chef recommended after I asked him), that was excellent. And yes, that garden area in the back is very nice. In the summer months they were booked up and turning away those without reservations.