Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Back From an Amazing Trip to Cambodia, Vietnam and Bangkok
Notices

Back From an Amazing Trip to Cambodia, Vietnam and Bangkok

Mar 4th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Original Poster

Back From an Amazing Trip to Cambodia, Vietnam and Bangkok

Hi to all of you. We are back from this amazing trip. Notice I am not calling this a vacation as it was far from a vacation. We were busy from 7:30 each morning until 9:00 each night.

I will get to a little more detailed report when I am settled in but for now I just want to say thank you to all of you who helped us with this. Following are a few of the highest points although everything was a high point,

1. The "DayRoom" overnight in the Bangkok airport for our 10 hour layover
2. Meeting all of the wonderful people we traveled with in the group from Friendly Planet. There were 21 of us and we bacame like a family. Several of us are already planning on trave3ling together again
3. Friendly Planet did a wonderful job. Our hotels were wonderful, and the guides from Exotissimo Tours were spectacular.
4. Spending the evening in Saigon with a friend who has moved there for work and his new Vietenamese wife.
5. Seeing all of the wonderful things that happen during TET
6. Hiking up to Angkok Wat, the caves in Halong Bay, learning about the country and the people, experiencing Bangkok
7.Traveling by plane, boats, Tuk Tuks, Cyclos, learning how to cross the street in Saigon and Hanoi

There is so much more and as soon as I get over the awful jet lag, which is the worst I have ever had, I will do more.
Mar 4th, 2013, 07:50 PM

Welcome back. We saw the TET preparations so I'm waiting to read about what you experienced during TET.
Mar 5th, 2013, 12:54 AM

Looking forward to read your feelings about how to cross the street in Hanoi and Saigon
Mar 5th, 2013, 12:56 AM

Looking forward to read your feelings about how to cross the street in Hanoi and Saigon!
Mar 15th, 2013, 01:45 AM

More! More!
Mar 15th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Original Poster

My plan is to write this report over the weekend as real life, and work has really taken a lot of time. By the way we had the worst jet lag we have ever experienced. It actually took us almost two weeks go get fully reentered. It was bad, but will not stop us from going anywhere.
Mar 25th, 2013, 08:59 PM

Hi,
I heard Tet in Vietnam is very nice Cele, but most of shops would be closed, and it is very cold, windy.

Search this Thread