Baan Orapin Chiang Mai

Old Jun 12th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baan Orapin Chiang Mai

Looks like a nice place. What is the best place to make a reservation here? Through their own web site or is there a booking service that offers good rates? Does anyone have any room suggestions. Front or rear wing?
Thanks J
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 08:18 PM

there has been quite a bit of info on this...i think they have some computer problems sometimes if i remember correctly...gloria or kim might have good pointers for this as well as others

ttt
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 09:41 PM

I think I may have seen BO listed on one site (prices weren't cheaper), but I booked directly through their website and I think that is what others have done as well from memory. It is not a hotel but a B & B and isn't listed on sawadee.com etc.

We are going in July and have booked to stay in the newer rear wing. Opas (the owner) put us there as it is away from the road and we have a toddler. These rooms seem to be more popular. There are some candid photos of the place on tripadvisor.com and I think that someone who posts here also had photos on their photo website so definitely do a search.
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 10:20 PM

go to their website, get the phone number
and call direct...thats what we did and we were able to chose the rooms we wanted...
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 05:49 PM

Hi
We stayed at Baan Orapin in April for 4 nights. We had the 1 bedroom suite in the front, which was great. The rooms near the front are certainly louder (close to the road). But, though we heard the traffic while sitting on the front porch, I never noticed it at night. We had the aircon on, so perhaps if you had the windows open at night it would be noisy.

Either way, just go to their website, send them an email and either Air or Opus will answer and you can tell them your preferences.

Baan Orapin is a great place, and I highly recommend it.

Darcie
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 06:02 PM

Received 33 Likes on 2 Posts
I, too, used their website and booked our suite via email. I didn't specify front or back and we ended up in the back in one of the new rooms. We were quite happy with it, and I was glad to be away from the road. I saw one of the front rooms, too, and it was nice as well. But I liked ours better. If we go again, I'd request one in the back.
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all!
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 03:39 AM

I booked via email and had no problems. I stayed in the one bedroom suite in the back and loved it. They are a bit newere and Opas said he corrected some mistakes he made with the first rooms when he built them. However, I have never heard anyone complain about the front rooms. Bottom line-- this is a great place to stay.
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 11:56 AM

Hey Jules! The Baan Orapin is great! We stayed in the beautiful suite in the front building and it was plenty quiet. We loved it! We spent quite a bit of time with the solo German traveller that was staying above us and he said he really noticed the traffic noise.

Upon my request, Opas showed us a few of the rooms in the new building and they were great, too.

If I stayed there again I would be hard pressed to make a decision between the suite we stayed in or one of the ones in the back building.

Cheers!

Tamara
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. Our plans keep changing for these few days but if it turns out we head to CM we will be looking into the Baan Orapin.

Thanks again
J
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 02:46 PM

Are you considering skipping Chiang Mai? We loved it when we were there in Feb. I may even visit there again when I go in November!
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

Tamara I have been to CM before (also years ago!) Our trip has changed slightly since we are adding a few days but we also have to take a detour so my Hubby can do some work for a few days on the way over. So we may not spend the extra few days in CM but somewhere enroute so we maximize "on the ground time". The main purpose of the whole trip is to return to Siem Reap which we loved we are going to spend more than a week there this time which I know some find a bit toooo long but that is what we want and are excited about it. We will probably make our final choice over the next few days.
J