Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Attn: Katie--editor (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/attn-katie-editor-742341/)

rhkkmk Oct 12th, 2007 06:56 AM

Attn: Katie--editor

thanks so much for all the loot!!!

the boston GTG people will love having these items....i shall not mention what the items are to keep things in suspense....

karen is amazed how small the orange treats fold up to....perfect for travellers...

thanks again...

bob

cynstalker Oct 12th, 2007 07:23 AM

You tease!

Katie_H Oct 12th, 2007 08:01 AM

What a relief!!! I was a little worried as I sent that out late yesterday.

Shanghainese Oct 12th, 2007 08:12 AM

Katie -- I sent you an e-mail requesting some goodies for the Shanghai GTG, maybe orange treats too?

Hanuman Oct 12th, 2007 08:18 AM

Katie,

How about some for Bangkok?

Katie_H Oct 12th, 2007 08:41 AM

Can you both remind me the dates for these fabulous events...

Also...head counts?

I'm working on a set "spot" now to post all of these GTGs with links to the threads with the details for the events.

rhkkmk Oct 12th, 2007 09:48 AM

katie---that spot on fodors would be fabulous to have for reference.....all our travel could be set up around GTG's....

Gpanda Oct 12th, 2007 10:31 AM

Katie-your patience in dealing with RhkKmk is amazing. Hopefully, not all GTG organizers are as troublesome as he.

BTW, Thanks to Fodors for the thoughtful gifts. All of us regulars rely on you guys to run the smooth operation that results in this wonderful forum. I remember the doom that was forecast when registration began to be required. Sort of like Y2K.

Katie_H Oct 12th, 2007 10:47 AM

Smooth operation??? You're too kind. LOL

Thanks for the encouragement; we like you guys too. We're trying to show it more by making both small and large improvements to make the Forums and the site as a whole easy to use and fun.

Happy Friday!

rhkkmk Oct 12th, 2007 10:51 AM

don't let too many people know how the asia board is.....we don't want it to be like the europe board....meow.....

simpsonc510 Oct 12th, 2007 11:29 AM

I hope those goodie bags will fit in my small carry-on bag! I don't have much room (but will manage to squeeze everything in it, I'm sure).

Bob... I know what you mean about the Asia board vs the Europe board. We won't mention it at the GTG though.

Bob... Loving the Summerfield Suites. Thanks so much for the recommendation. The mall nearby is nice (but the only thing I bought was a HaagenDazs sundae!! Shame on me...)

BTW, I will watch for you so I can follow along into the city tomorrow around 10. Thanks for letting me tag along. I HATE driving in and around Boston (but will deal with it).

Katie--editor:
I too love the idea of a separate forum for GTG's. A fair portion of my travel this year has been to attend these wonderful events. LA, HNL, and now BOS. I know I'll be watching to see what GTG's are anywhere and anytime I can fit into my schedule.

We do appreciate the gifts from Fodors, BTW. It's a nice touch.

Carol

Shanghainese Oct 12th, 2007 11:33 AM

Katie -- Shanghai GTG is Nov 2 evening at the lovely "Lost Heaven" restaurant in the old french concession area. 4 confirmed Fodorites but please send me enough for 8 in case the maybe's show up. I promise I won't sell them on the street corners!

I depart the U.S. on 10/25 and I e-mailed you my mailing address.

rhkkmk Oct 12th, 2007 07:46 PM

i missed you at the hotel tonight when i was there about 5:45, carol....you missed a delicious dinner...karen at her best and me as chef...lots of local wine..

don't plan to drive we will drive you and get you back...

rhkkmk Oct 13th, 2007 08:26 PM

everyone loved the goodies---thanks again...