Reload this Page >

Tokyo Disneysea

Search

Tokyo Disneysea

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 11:36 AM
hi

Tokyo Disneysea

Hi all,<BR>My family is planning to go to Tokyo this fall for a one week tour. We are very curious about Tokyo Disneysea, are wondering if anyone has been there personally. We have never been to Tokyo and am not sure if it's too much hassels to go all the way out there (is it far from Tokyo city center) being that we will be in Tokyo for only 4 days. Thanks.

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 05:10 AM
Maurice

Don't worry about distance: DisneySea and DisneyLand are situated near Maihama Station (Keyo Line), which is just 15 minutes by train from Tokyo Station. Plan to spend the whole day there if you decide to go. One-day ticket for adult costs 5500 yen (includes all attractions).

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 06:58 AM
Tom

I was there in early July. It was fun, though my 17 year old daughter preferred Disneyland over Disneysea. If you have ever been to Disney in Orlando, Florida, it is similar to the difference between Disneyworld and EPCOT. If you are only going to be in Japan for one week, then (in my humble opinion) I would spend my time doing other things. I was in Japan for two weeks and wouldn't have chosen this as a "must see" attraction. We did it at the end of 28 days in Japan (for my daughter) because it was closer to the airport than the homes of the relatives we were staying with and I have a cousin who works there. It is beautiful, but is to Japanese culture what Beni-Hana is to Japanese cuisine.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 01:23 PM
recentlywent

I was there on 8/14/02, with my husband and 2 daughters. We all had fun but none of us thought it was worth the wait. It was crowded, and lines were very long. We had to wait for about an hour to purchase tickets; the Indiana Jones ride was 2.5 hours wait, even the Fast Pass line was at least 30 mins wait. Since so many people were getting Fast Pass, the FP tickets were gone after around 2pm.<BR><BR>One thing we all thought it was not right was that we had to pay to ride the tram to get inside Disney, you see, the JR line takes you to the Maihama station which is where Disney Resort is located, you then have to pay 200 yen to get on the Disney tram, which makes 3 stops: DisneyLand, Disney Resort Hotels, DisneySea. You can purchase a oneday pass of 500 yen, or to buy another ticket on the way back to the Maihama station. <BR><BR>DisneySea is very much like DisneyLand except it's kinda "water" scenes, it's smaller, and has less ride. It's very pretty and clean, just like other Disney parks. I would not recommend DisneySea if you have chance to go to DisneyLand in US. If you have something else to do in Tokyo, then I'd suggest you put DisneySea last on your list of things to do.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 06:07 PM
Hanuman

Beware that everything vocal and written is in Japanese! There's a park map in English and that is about it for English. Long, long lines(ques) are normal. We went on a weekday and it did not help!