Reload this Page >

Honeymoon in Thailand

Search

Honeymoon in Thailand

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2002, 07:49 AM
Randy

Honeymoon in Thailand

Hi all-<BR><BR>My fiancee & I are seriously considering Thailand as our honeymoon destination. The trip would be in mid-November 2002, and we'd like to take 2 weeks (coming from the mid-atlantic USA. <BR><BR>Based on our initial research, we'd like to do a few days (at least) in the beach resort area (Phuket?), then some sightseeing time in Bangkok and other cities in the north.<BR><BR>I'd like to hear comments from folks who have done this for their honeymoon, as well as anyone who has links to travel agencies that specialize in luxury vacations/ honeymoons in Thailand. To date, we've received a brochure from Absolute Asia, which was recommended to us by a friend.<BR><BR>thanks in advance!<BR><BR>-randy<BR>

Old May 7th, 2002, 05:45 AM
Randy

anyone?

Old May 7th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Margo

Ater Bangkok you can fly to Chiang Mai and then fly direct to Phuket. There is masses of information. 2 websites that I find excellent for Thailand are:<BR><BR>http://www.sawadee.com<BR>They have accommodation plus plenty of maps and local tips, all places are listed on their first page and it loads/transfers pages very fast.<BR><BR>For accommodation once you have decided routing then http://www.asiatravel is a good place you can compare rates with Sawadee.com<BR><BR>http://www.travelforum.org/Thailand is a specific forum just for Thailand and you can find some good tips and ask questions specific for Thailand.

Old May 7th, 2002, 11:41 PM
john

I am also planning a honeymoon to Thailand.<BR><BR>However, I am going to Phuket first, then Bangkok and finally ChiangMai.<BR><BR>The hotel we are staying is Allamanda in Phuket (5 star), Amari Watergate for Bangkok.<BR><BR>From Bangkok, I am travelling by train first class to ChiangMai. It is only 20pounds per pax.<BR><BR>Maybe, we can share and learn from one another

Old May 8th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Randy

Thanks for the info so far.<BR><BR>John, did you book your flights/hotels individually, or did you go through a tour operator?<BR><BR>-randy

Old May 9th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Vanessa

I would not say that a Honeymoon in Phuket is that bad, as long as you appreciate that you are visiting a pure tourist-trap location. If you want nice hotels with good facilities fine, but if you are seeking the natural charm and beauty of Thailand and it's people you may be sady disappointed.<BR>Even 'these days' a Honeymoon holds a very special significance, we all know that so many of us have been together long periods before our honeymoon, but it is still a very special time. Only my own personal opinion but before settling back into the daily work-sleep-work routine it would be great to have real true experiences on a honeymoon. There is so much beauty and deepness in Thailand it is a shame to travel so far to stay in a place that has McDonalds, Starbukcks, Swensons Ice Cream and KFC!

Old May 9th, 2002, 11:15 PM
john

I went through the internet to book my tickets. As for hotel, i checked the rate in the internet before calling my local agent. I found that there is a cheaper rate if you reserve through the internet. However, I was able to negotiate a far better rate wiht my agent

Old May 9th, 2002, 11:32 PM
JPA

John,<BR><BR>I think you will be dissapointed if you think that the Allamanda is a 5 star hotel. It is located in the Laguna area with resorts like Laguna Beach Resort (stayed there last year), Dusit Laguna, Sheraton and Banyan Three. All these resorts are much, much nicer that the Allamanda, The Allamanda is a funny complex that I did not like at all. It is several hundred meters from the beach, the grounds and pool area is nothing special. The restaurants at the Laguna resorts are all very expensive. There are some restaurants outside the Laguna resorts whch were OK to a fraction of the price you will have to pay at the resorts. And at last there is nothing much to see and do there beside staying at the resort. Now you also have to pay for using the facilities at the other Laguna Resorts. We liked the Laguna Beach Resort very much, but we would not stay there again. Too expensive and far away from everything.

Old May 10th, 2002, 05:59 AM
Stewart

Randy,<BR><BR>We are doing almost the same thing for our honeymoon in Sept 2002, but the other way around. 4days @ the regent, CNX, then 3 days @ the Peninsula and finishing up with 6 days @ Tongsai Bay, Koh Samui.<BR>All booked ex UK, so not sure how relevant to you, but mail me direct if you have any q's.<BR>have a great time<BR>Stewart