In Europe it's pretty easy to decide where you want to go, as you go along -- jump on a train, get there and tourist counter helps you find lodging, and you're done.
In US you can do that, but the flights are going to cost you an arm and a leg (unless...)
What about Asia please? I don't KNOW where I want to go. If I spend two night in HK (just for the rhythm) then fly to BKK with reservations, can I decide from there? Or are airfares and lack of hotels going to truly mess me up?
What about India?
(Yes, I know I will have to get visas ahead of time...)
I am taking a month off, and pretty much need to leave by the second week in March. I'm usually a total "planner" but that's sort of the point of this trip -- to do and go where I feel like it at the time. OTOH I'm a generation or two too old to be doing the backpacking/hostel thing -- budget hotels without bugs are fine, but I do want hot water and A/C...
Any and all thoughts appreciated. I apologize if this thread already has been done, but I did do some searching without finding any threads on point.
Many, many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 2 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 3 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 4 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 5 Question re. fees at BOM
- 6 Spa Bangkok
- 7 Internet in SE Asia
- 8 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 9 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 10 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 11 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 12 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 13 need your help with japan itinerary
- 14 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 15 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 16 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 17 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 18 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 19 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 20 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 21 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 22 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 23 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 24 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 25 Vietnam April 5 - 16