Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Ao Nang-Phi Phi and Phi Phi-Phuket
Notices

Ao Nang-Phi Phi and Phi Phi-Phuket

Dec 14th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Original Poster

Ao Nang-Phi Phi and Phi Phi-Phuket

Hey guys,

I will be traveling one way between Ao Nang- Phi Phi and Phi Phi- Phuket and was looking for possible ferry options.

My impression is that there is really only 1 boat doing these transfer, since any website I looked into it was the same time and length- 2 hours!..

I also noticed that organized trips offer a speedboat that does this distance in about 45 minutes, but it also includes the trip itself!

So 2 questions,

1. What are the actual options in terms of taking this ferry (only 1 company or what) and also is it possible to do this option of speedboat between the islands, but without the tour?

2. Where should I book these trips? online (if so through who) or once in Thailand?

Thanks alot in advance!
Dec 14th, 2014, 08:13 PM

If you are planning on staying on PhiPhi you can arrange a speedboat transfer. It's pricey, but takes less time and runs on your schedule. If you want to do that, I'd arrange it through your PhiPhi hotel.

If you just want to visit PhiPhi for the day (not recommended) you can arrange a private speedboat, again, pricey, but may be worth it to you.

Generally, these things are less expensive arranged locally.
Dec 14th, 2014, 08:50 PM

I would wait until you get there and shop around. Booking through a hotel will most likely be the most expensive option. Travel agents or even at the pier will probably yield a better price and you can inspect the boats before deciding.

Speedboats take less than half the time of the ferry but can be really uncomfortable if the sea is at all choppy. What's the hurry anyway? It's a nice trip!
Dec 16th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks alot for the input!

Search this Thread