Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Anyone stay at Citadines Shanghai Jinqao?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2010, 06:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am planning my first trip to China, reading gudebooks, Tripadvisor and many of the helpful posts here for hotel tips. Since my husband and I will be with our teenager in Shanghai, I looked into Citadines for the extra space and also for the reasonable rates - just $101 on Travelocity for a 1 bedroom. Has anyone stayed at the Ciradines Jinqiao? Would appreciate any insight as to not only the apt. but also the location, nearby restaurants, etc. . Thanks!
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 11:47 AM

Excellent location and the reviews on Tripadvisor are quite favorable.
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Original Poster

So glad someone finally responded! Shanghainese, I have read some of your helpful posts and will be relying on them, especially your food/restaurant recommendations. I have seen the Tripadvisor reviews and Citadines looks pretty good, esp. as it is about half the price of most Western chains. I also found another apt. hotel with similar reviews and location called New Harbour Service Apts. Have you seen/heard of it? Any idea which might be better? FYI I am traveling with my husband and teenager so wanted the extra space in addition to reasonable rates. My daughter has been studying Mandarin for 2 years and I can read basic characters but we definitely will need English-speaking help Thanks!
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 09:40 AM

The New Harbour Svc Apts is in an excellent location too not far from the Citadines. I have only seen the outside so have no idea of the inside. Try to figure out the size of the room and rates for your needs.

Although a huge mega city, Shanghai is easy to get around on the metro/subway (have english signs) and taxis are cheap (carry the card of your lodging with you as drivers have zero english). If you are going before 10/31/2010, don't miss a visit to the World Expo. Happy Travels!
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 12:39 PM

I was on a small group tour with a family of 4 from Australia. They were staying at the New Harbour and they said it was a good choice for them. They said they liked having a kitchen to cook and it had more space than a hotel room (cheaper too!).
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Original Poster

Xiexie to both of you. Citadines snd New Harbour seem really similar from Tripadvisor reviews and have almost the same rates. Don't know how to decide but maybe Citadines is s safer option as it's a large chain. Plus when I emailed both of them with specific questions last week, Citadines responded promptly but I have yet to hear from New Harbour...