any tips for lawson ghibili tickets?

Sep 9th, 2019, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

any tips for lawson ghibili tickets?

We're going to Japan in November so I thought I'd familiarise myself with the Lawson ticket site a month in advance (their tickets go on sale 10am Japanse time on the 10th of the month before they're on sale for). I got through to what should have been the pick your date/time page (it says so at the top) but there was nothing to actually click on!

Did anyone actually successfully get Ghibli tickets through Lawson? JTB only have mega expensive tour+museum tickets, if we go through Willer for the walking tour it's not cheap ($167 for a family of 4) but cheaper than JTB, but would like to not pay for a tour we don't want if i can help it.....any thoughts?
Sep 9th, 2019, 07:06 PM

I just went through to the point where you have to log in, etc. The October tickets are almost sold out. If you want to get the November tickets I would advise you to go online at exactly 10 am Japan time on October 10th.

I have never bought a ticket for Ghibli but I have for other events - and I always go online the minute the sale starts if at all possible. I bought a ticket for the Yayoi Kusama Museum in Tokyo a couple of years ago, and the tickets for that particular month were sold out very quickly....

Also if you have a credit card that might reject a foreign charge I would call them first or else if the charge is rejected you might end up losing the reservation.....

Last edited by Mara; Sep 9th, 2019 at 07:09 PM.