Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Any suggestions on service apartments in Thailand?

Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:04 PM
pat

As my husband and I am planning our first retirement trip to Thailand which we have never been, we are planning to stay for at least one month? Any suggestions on how we should split our time in term of which is most interesting to visit? e.g. bangkok, phiphi, pkuket etc. We loves beaches, and yet we also love city lives and good food and cultural lives of the locals? Or is there any nice hotels of 4-5 stars range that anyone could reccommend? Really appreciate your infos.

Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:46 PM
Marilyn

For serviced apartments in Bangkok check out the Centre Point group. We have stayed at the Silom location twice and have been very pleased. Inexpensive, great location near the river taxi and the skytrain, large apartments with full kitchen, pool and workout room, breakfast included, great staff, internet access in lobby. Really one of the best hotel values we've found anywhere in the world.

Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:21 PM
Hanuman

Apart from the Centre Point there is also the Emporium Suite. I think that this is the best and most luxurious service apartment. It is also situated on the top of the Emporium Shopping Mall(the best mall in Thailand) and you'll have easy access to everything like food, sky train etc.

In Phuket the Central Group does have a service apartment there but I think you will have a better time in a hotel(same goes for all the other cities in Thailand).

Jan 26th, 2003, 07:09 AM
orgy7

here a good site for serviced apartments.. for starters

http://www.thaiapartment.com/index.htm

you could easally get a nice place for less the $300 a month.. and if you are on a budget you can get a place for $50 a month.. and if your not a poor bumm like me, you can live like a king..

serviced apartments are the best deals in town.. some have EVERYTHING the big boy hotels have. (pluss full kitchens) for a %25 of the cost..

BUT don't tell anyone..

Jan 26th, 2003, 07:25 AM
orgy7

you should check out, under Longstay
http://www.tat.or.th/

the thai government seems too be setting up a program for retiring folk going too thailand..