It has been a while since I posted on the forum because we haven't been back to Asia in about 4 years (we actually had a Borneo trip all planned but had to cancel because of work ). But now it looks like we might have the time and the tickets so off we go (we hope). I only began to seriously begin planning yesterday when were able to put a hold on tickets. So our itin looks like this
We arrive in BKK in the evening and want one or two full days. Fly to Burma and have either 13 or 14nights here. Then a day in BKK, and a one night layover in HKG before heading home.
I've emailed Santa Maria and asked them for some suggested itineraries with 3- 4 nights each in Bagan and Inle , and minimal time in Mandalay, only to use it as a base for side trips if necessary. I'm staring out with a few questions for you all and before I can get my hands on a guidebook, which wont be until wednesday, as I am out of the country until then.
First, what is the different between staying in bagan and New Bagan, I cant quite figure that out from the posts.
Second, in my first email to Santa Maria, Zaw seemed to discourage more than 3 nights at Bagan Inle. We like to try to stay put and relax, not rush around a lot. Plus it will be hot in July and that can have a bad effect on DHif he isn't careful. So what would an itinerary lookalike that would allow unto take a bit easier, stay in very nice places and enjoy the beauty of Burma?
Any strong recs given the time of year? We probably do not want to go to a beach resort, as we spend a great deal of time in anguilla.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://realcoloncleansingworks.com/invigorate-rx/
- 2 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 3 Internet in SE Asia
- 4 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 5 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 6 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 7 need your help with japan itinerary
- 8 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 9 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 10 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 11 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 12 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 13 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 14 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 15 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 16 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 17 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 18 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 19 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 20 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 21 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 22 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 23 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 24 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 25 Trip to India Feb 1-18