my friend and I are going to Thailand for a couple of weeks in January. We are going first to Chiang Mai for a few days, and then we want to visit the south for the rest of our trip. The plan is to to go to Railey - Krabi, and then spend 3 nights in Phi Phi and 2 nights in Phuket. However, we are concerned that Phuket will be a tourist trap, too built-up, very crowded and with a crazy nightlife (not that we don't want to go out at night but a half way/not too crazy scene suits us better). However, I know that most tours along the coast depart from there and we are tempted to do a sail tour of the Phang nga bay.
Also, if we end up going to Phuket, where would you suggest staying at? We are looking for rather authentic places not 5 star luxury hotel chains, perhaps with thai decor, clean and with a friendly staff, not too expensive.
In other words should we skip Phuket, or, if it's worth going, where should we stay?
Thank you all.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 POGO GAMES 1~800~681:7208 installations Contact POGO Tec*h care
- 2 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 3 Please Help First-Timers to India!
- 4 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 5 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 6 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 7 two health related questions
- 8 Japan escorted
- 9 Princess Cruise
- 10 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 11 Mongolia - Blue Silk Travel
- 12 Nha Trang,Vn taxi
- 13 4 nights in Himalayas - Bhutan,Nepal, India?
- 14 Bago or Golden rock
- 15 Bangkok
- 16 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 17 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 18 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 19 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 20 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 21 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 22 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 23 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 24 Sulawesi
- 25 Racism danger in Cambodia?