Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Anantara...how should we book this resort???

Aug 5th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Original Poster

can you walk up and get a good price at the
Anantara or do you have to pre-book?
Does priceline list this hotel?? what should we
expect to pay?
p.s....after all the threads and comments...we have
plans to add 3 nites at the anantara. thanks everyone
Aug 6th, 2004, 02:27 AM

I booked via their website, www.anantara.com - we got an upgrade as it wasn't high season, so by all means ask what they can do for you. Great place.
Aug 6th, 2004, 07:03 AM

i first booked with asia travel and then changed to a direct booking because i wanted to add in breakfast and asia travel could not do that...there is no place for breakfast other than the hotel so that is important and it is expensive otherwise...i paid $122 inclusive in june...the base rate was $104 from asia travel ++.....

they will work with you..

i would not arrive unannounced or unreserved...
Aug 6th, 2004, 07:47 AM

Given that it's in a fairly remote location, I wouldn't arrive without a reservation. I booked through www.asiahotels.com and got a good price. (I was there just after they opened, so I got a special price plus a discount on all food. beverage and spa charges.)
Aug 6th, 2004, 09:37 AM

I could not find internet rates because my travel isn't until February. I went ahead and e-mailed for those rates and they replied asap. I figure if I find better rates between now and then they will honor them.
Aug 6th, 2004, 06:22 PM

i felt that dealing directly with the hotel gave us an advantage....one PR person was assigned to us and greeted us upon arrival and helped us throughout our stay, even assisted during our cooking class (a must do by the way)....she called us by name and seemed genuinely interested in the success of our stay...i'm not sure you would get that booking elsewhere....during our arrival process she told me that it was she with whom i had dealt on the computer booking and by the way she gave us a complimentary upgrade upon arrival....
Aug 6th, 2004, 07:37 PM

Bob, I booked at asiahotels.com and got the same kind of personalized service.
Aug 6th, 2004, 07:48 PM

this is probably because they knew it was THE KATHIE FROM FODORS......
Aug 7th, 2004, 06:33 AM

I sometimes find it hard to beat the travel agents like Kuoni (for UK and some European users) on price and special offers.

They are one of the biggest operators to the far east and seem to get good prices at several hotels including the Anantara. In their new brochure for next year (I don't have this years) They are offering that hotel from £62 a night (per room); Between Apr 17-Oct 31 They are additionally offering Get 3 nights for the price of 2; and Free daily breakfasts if you book early.

You may have to pay a small admnin fee if you don't purchase a whole holiday package off them, but when I have done this it has been per booking and not been per person per hotel. You also get local support (whether you like it or not from Tour East their local representative who will do the usual meet, Greet, and deliver at the Airport (over an hour away))