I am in the midst of planning my 2nd SE Asia trip and would really like to start things off (after the obligatory layover in Bangkok) with a bit of beach time. Last time around we really enjoyed our time on the quieter part of Koh Lanta and Gili Trawangan, but not so much the built up holiday maker vibe of Koh Lipe and the lack of snorkelling in Langlawi.
We were initially thinking of going to the Philippines (El Nido/Coron) but after looking into it, it seems like the air travel price/logistics of getting out there and back again through Manilla might not be worth it (we really want to relax after a 17 hour flight from Uk) so decided to maybe give it a miss, as much as I'm sure id enjoy it.
So basically what we're looking for is:
Somewhere that's not TOO difficult to get to from Bangkok.
Really god snorkelling right off the beach (this is a must)
Not too overrun with tourists.
Not too expensive.
Any help or suggestions anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://www.pureasiangarciniareview.com/shred-fx/
- 2 5 weeks in Rajasthan
- 3 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 4 Laurus Travel
- 5 The Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Traditional Wear For Womens
- 6 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 7 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 8 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 9 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 10 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 11 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 12 need your help with japan itinerary
- 13 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 14 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 15 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 16 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 17 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 18 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 19 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 20 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 21 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 22 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 23 Wat Arun
- 24 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 25 Miyajima Island