Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

An Indian recipe site I want to share with you...

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 01:32 AM
Kavey

Hi Friends

My mum retires today... Over the last few weeks my husband and I have been developing a web site for her which allows her to display and share her Indian recipes. She wants it to be a useful site, and we have therefore designed it to be as user friendly as we can.

Anyway, having never designed a web site before we are also really excited about it.

It is basically a non commercial site of recipes (mostly Indian but we are hoping it will become more international once it has been going for a few months and people have sent in more recipes).

I know many Fodorites share my passion for food and felt there would be people here who would really enjoy it. I repeat it is a non commercial, hobby site created for my mum, designed by me and coded up and created by my husband...

The site is at www.mamtaskitchen.com and I hope you enjoy it.

I have tried the tandoori chicken, the mince kebabs and the chickpea curry and was very reassured that they came out like my mum's.

Please please sign the visitor's book and email my mum to let her know the results of any recipes you try and any comments...

It may be difficult to find some of the ingredients, I am looking for some reliable internet vendors, but in the mean time you can email mum and ask her which things can be safely subsituted and which musnt be missed out in a given recipe...

Thanks...

Kavey

PS For thos who dont recognise my name, I have not just turned up here to get visitors for the site. I have been absolutely addicted to the Europe forum for some years now!!!

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 08:29 AM
Kavey

Many thanks to those of you who have visited the site...

We have been excited to note visitor's from US, Australia, Czech Republic and many other countries...

I think a number of visitor's must be visiting in response to my posting above, as the site is not yet registered the site with any search engines, though we have sent off a few registration requests...

We havr rewritten the search funciton for ease of use, and there are now well over 100 easy to cook recipes on the site.

If any of you have collected (and tried and tested) any good recipes in your travels, feel free to email us using the site link for publication. (As long as they are not culled from a recipe book please).

Just to repeat, this site is not for profit and just for sharing enjoyment of Indian cooking...

Thanks again for your support...

Kavey

We have rewritten the

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 05:25 PM
deepa

Hi Kavey, Have seen your posts on the Europe forum several times over the past few years. Have visited your mum's site and found it great but could not sign the visitors book for want of registration which I could not find. I like the prawn and spinach recipe which I will try. Being a typical north Indian (living overseas)I have never tried seafood Indian style, so this would be a great start. Great site!

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 12:29 PM
Kavey

Dear Deepa

Glad you like the site, we hope it will be useful not only to Indians wanting to cook food just like their mum's, but also to anyone who loves Indian food and wants to try it.

Re the Visitor's book you can ignore the registration, this is really only needed for administrators of the boards, you will find you are able to post a reply without registering first.

Please do sign the book as this is the main way mum is getting feedback... and a comment such as yours, here, is just what she would be interested in.

Mum has added keywords to all recipes and we have adapted the search function so that visitors can quickly narrow down their search by seafood, vegetarian, meat, Indian, Non Indian (there are some non Indian recipes here too) and so on...

Thanks again for your support, this really is one of the best communities on the net...

Kavey

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 11:07 AM
Colleen

Hi, I saw your site. It was good. There is another site that I discovered a few weeks ago- www.recipedelights.com

Since my boyfriend is an Indian, I like to cook for him. And the results with recipedelights have been pretty good.

I will try your recipes too.